Hello from Ohio!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gringo

Reaction score
Purchased my first Goldwing last October........1982 GL1100A..........Definitely a Fix-er=upper!!!!...........78,000 miles.......After a WINTER of TIRES, BRAKES, WIRING,checking timing belts,PAINT @ starter rebuild.....i BELIEVE i AM READY TO LEARN HOW TO RIDE!......................................GRINGO

welcome from southern indiana sounds like youve been working on it

i woild think you need to change the timing belts unless you know the history on them

take it easy at first on riding for you and the bike till you can get a feel for how it runs and handles

with 79000 miles its probably been ran alot and might not suffer from some of the things that happen to wings from just sitting

if it idles well and runs pretty smooth id mix some 2cycle oil in the gas to help clean out the carbs i do it to mine all the time i think about it lots of small passages in the carbs

it takes a good while to ride well so stay timid

you dont want to drop a wing so again stay timid till it becomes part of you

ill stop here and let others share there thoughts

1100 wings are just fantastic bikes :yahoo:

Welcome Gringo.
you found a real nice place to hang.. with loads of info and knowledgeable people.
if you need anything just ask...

P.S.
make sure to upload a picture .. I know we would all love to see the new paint!

How do i upload pics from my computer?.....Tried to make pic from computer my AVATAR @ it didn,t WORK?!...............Thanx.......GRINGO

Welcome to the site! To upload a picture, you need to make sure its resized to the specifications given in the ''Avatar'' section of User Control Center.

Welcome to the CGW forums, Gringo(you stole my real name!) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Check out the FAQ section for pic help info. If you still have problems, just holler at one of the Mods for help. :mrgreen:

welcome from the other side of DFW glad to have you with us.. need help ask and yo wil be deluged with options, pointers tips trick and how to"s..

Hello Gringo,
Welcome from Southeast Texas. Glad to have you on board. You have gotten some pretty good advice so far and this is just the place to get some. We need pics and lots of them. Soooooooooo..............start posting. :salute:

Latest posts