• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I need a radio for 80 GL1100i

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aslatk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys: I've got the Clarion/Hondaline speakers but no radio. Don't know what the previous owner did with it. A gauge set is above the speedo and tach so the location would be in the fairing. Why does the factory set-up appear to have so many components? Any recommendations on aftermarket? The old factory set-up would be preferred but availability may be an issue. Thanks

Is the wiring harness still in the fairing? I know I have a spare control head and tuner and possibly a dock for the control head. I can't remember if I have a power amp though and it's too cold here right now to check the garage. If you can't wait, you can always look on ebay. They turn up from time to time for cheap. What you are looking for is the Clarion Type I.

aslatk":5ywrfaam said:
Hey Guys: I've got the Clarion/Hondaline speakers but no radio. Don't know what the previous owner did with it. A gauge set is above the speedo and tach so the location would be in the fairing. Why does the factory set-up appear to have so many components? Any recommendations on aftermarket? The old factory set-up would be preferred but availability may be an issue. Thanks

I removed the entire system from my Aspencade and it is available for $100.00 plus shipping. Includes radio/CB, amp, tape player. All the wiring, antenna etc Its quite a box full of stuff. I never tried the CB part but I did hear the radio work.

SteveA-wing":31opeczp said:
Is the wiring harness still in the fairing? I know I have a spare control head and tuner and possibly a dock for the control head. I can't remember if I have a power amp though and it's too cold here right now to check the garage. If you can't wait, you can always look on ebay. They turn up from time to time for cheap. What you are looking for is the Clarion Type I.

All the bike has are the Clarion Hondaline speakers and that's it. I'm looking on ebay but the bids for a

good complete set-up are a bit much. Sometimes good timing can get you a good deal though. I'ts

happened before. There are alternatives, less expensive with good sound, but the original radio

would be nice. If you come across what I need (from the speaker wires back :hihihi: ) let me know.

Thanks

thewhiterhino":2h7giksp said:
aslatk":2h7giksp said:

I removed the entire system from my Aspencade and it is available for $100.00 plus shipping. Includes radio/CB, amp, tape player. All the wiring, antenna etc Its quite a box full of stuff. I never tried the CB part but I did hear the radio work.

Boy, just saw the last post. :rant: Sure missed out on that one. Gave me a chance to use the

"rant" icon though. :crying: If you end up still having it for what ever reason, I'm interested.

Thanks

Latest posts