Idel jet is plugged

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badwench

Reaction score
1980 1100 Interstate. Recent purchase and trying to restore. lolol Bike had set up for about 13 years.
Ordered Randakk's carb kit. Cleaning included dis-assembly, less butterflys and boiling in distilled water. Everything went smooth until # 4 carb. I can't get anything to go through the idel jet. I've tried brake cleaner, carb cleaner and compressed air to no avail. :head bang:
I've tried to flush backward through the air cutoff port and still nothing.
Any recommendation?

PS- I might add that rebuild was not hard after a visit to Randakk's site and reading Roadys How to on the carbs.

Thanks,
Jim

the idle jet can be like cement ...a wire brush stand or ouiter string the smallest of corse ...and its more scatching or drilling through than poking through instantly ....might have just bearly have the tip exposed enght to get at the plug and have the rest of the poker supported by good pliers like lineman pliers...it can take awhile to get through.... :mrgreen:

I have had to use a set of welder's tip cleaners to get at jets before. I never really like to force anything through a jet, usually I use chemicals and air, but if the jet is stuck and needs to be cleaned out, sometimes thats the only option, rather than drilling it out of course.

Latest posts