Intermittent LH rear flasher fault on Val the Valkyrie

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
While I have been riding Val I kept thinking that the LH rear flasher was playing up. As per usual every time I checked for a fault when stationary it worked perfectly. Finally last night it seemed to be staying inoperative and I noticed that the bulb had a concave wear mark so I cleaned it up with a file and it worked perfectly. Of course from the moment I set off this morning it was no longer working. While waiting at my mates place to head off to Beaudesrert I pulled the lens again and couldn't get it working, so all day I was without a LH rear flasher. Tonight I decided to get to the bottom of it. I pulled the wiring plugs to the rear fender behind the rh side cover and applied power to all the circuits finding the LH blinker was still not working. I removed the rear section of the fender and found that the multipin plug was not locked properly. More than likely the last time the rear tire was changed the tire fitter did not plug it together properly. My new tire is awaiting the arrival of the new final drive orings so I will be the one that removes and refits the rear wheel, then I will be the one responsible for any of these style future problems. :yes:

That way the guy responsible, will be the one paying for it, & fixing it, as well. :smilie_happy:

Latest posts