It only took 2yrs!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question on these carb conversions, is there a port so you can still use your vacuum advance?

joedrum":1kpg8hsq said:
yes im sure beav ...thereis on the carbs themselfs i think
That's good Joe because I wouldn't want my pickup coils to just lay there doing nothing...I want them to Dance....and Have a good time.. :Egyptian: :smilie_happy:

Hey Guys, yes there's a vacum port. I believe 80GLs and before didn't have the vacum advance!! It woud have been nice if the carb did fit but,......I did have to notch out a piece of the frame! I wasn't to happy with doing that but there's been no ill effect. I still plan on putting in a gusset for strength. As far as the air filter it's Looks like this ( this is not my bike but same filter),........

Attachments

• Carb_-Top-.jpg
    Carb_-Top-.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 149
From taking another look at those carb pics, it does look like a Weber DFEV-series carb, with a manual choke, because of the oval air cleaner mounting surface and square ports. Go to this website and dig around, you'll find 2-barrel carbs and filters that look exactly like this setup:

https://www.carburetion.com/after.htm

I got the Weber 32/36 DFEV conversion for my 1989 Mitsubishi Montero with the 2.6L four cylinder, along with the Redline rectangular filter. The carb top and filter could be an exact match for this. If someone's mechanically inclined, and with the adapter plates that come with the kit, I'm sure someone could make it work! After the installation, then comes the "joy" of tuning that Weber to run right. But once it's dialed in, it's a great carb upgrade from stock, at least on my Montero!

Yes it does, when I bought my clone Weber/Hollley 5200 it had a water/temp. choke on it which I converted to the MChand choke. I was looking for one of those but was able to pick a rebuilt for a cheap price, just couldn't pass it up!! :hi: Later Bob

Just an Update :laptop: ,..... Over the last month, I've tried to get in as much riding as possible about 400miles total. But wanted to share the outcome, first fill up was about 29mpg (alot of throttle action) then this last fillup, I got 35mpg with my usual driving style, nice improvement :eek:k: . This consisted of a little city driving but mostly I like to ride in the country (less traffic). So overall I'm very pleased :yahoo: with the outcome! With change in weather :nea: I'm trying to get in some much needed riding,.....So see ya later!! :hi: Bob

Hi All, just wanted to share the following Jetting I'm using,.....My friend a long time ago ran a WEBER 32/36 with the following jetting,.....primary slow jet 60, secondary slow jet 50, primary main jet 135-140 (he ran a 137 but wanted to run a 138)I took a 135 jet and drilled it out to about a 137, secondary main jet 140, air jets are 170 primary 165 secondary. Idles about 1000RPM. I may have shared this before but thought I'd post it again!! Have fun :music3: :rocks: Bob

slabghost":3jx62lo3 said:
two years to reposition a spring? Are we related? :smilie_happy:
:roll: I gotta grip on that!!! :hihihi: Great it is now showing promise CONGRATS man GEO :music3:

Latest posts