It only took 2yrs!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badorderbob

Reaction score
I don't know if I mentioned the trouble I had the last time I worked on my carb conversion (going from a single Holley CI conversion to a 2brl. Weber/Holley conversion) but I'm finally took the plunge after 2yrs. of decieding and put the 2Brl. back on and SWEET DREAMS do exsist. Started right up after a few tries with no back-firing (which lead to alot of troubles last time) and was even able to crack the throttle and no problem :Egyptian: :Egyptian: !! Anyway I set the idle at 1000 and went for short ride around the block and do love the secondaries :hihihi: !! But as they say "joy does come to those who wait"!! Now all I have to do is tinker a little with the jetting and away we go :music2: !! Just wanted to share!! Later :hi: bob

Glad it's working out for you. :good: :clapping:
I bought mine without even knowing it had a two Brl. Holly conversion. I've only put about 6000 miles on it but I haven't had bit of troubles with. Good luck with yours.

Hay Dan, When I put the 2brl. on the first it backfired and I swear it made the timing off by a tooth, one way or the other. I had low compression on one side and normal on the other. Which also lead me to think maybe a blown head gasket. The first thing I did was put new belts on and set valves, checking them not once but 3 times to make sure everthing was correct, talk about being paranoid :shock: . So I just put my single Holley back on, then hit the starter button, waiting for another BOOM :shock: , but she started right up :heat: and sweet sound to my ears, all symtons of a rough running bike went away :music: !! Well, I still wanted a 2brl. on so I was trying figure out what caused the backfire and tore apart the carb to find the accelorater pump spring sitting sideways. Assemblied it back the way it's suppose to be and then put it on the side line and just rode for awhile, (about 1 1/2 years+_ )!! Well,.......now the Rest Of THe Story,..... :laptop: I finally got the courage up and installed the Ole Weber/Holley, hoping not for a reoccurance of the past,.........and........pushed the starter button, so far so good :beg: pushed it a little longer to help fill up the carb bowl,.....stoppped,...... pushed it again,.....and SWEET MUSIC to my Ears :yahoo: . Since you asked I didn't know how else but tell ya the story Dan :smilie_happy: !!! So now I just have to fine tune it,....boy I'm tired :lazy: !! :thanks: for listening, Bob

slabghost":2yh7uokj said:
two years to reposition a spring? Are we related? :smilie_happy:

Let's see, about 4 years apart in age, both have 81 goldwings, Indiana and Ohio not that far apart.
Could be a long lost brother! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

(just kidin) :hi:

Oh No, the bloodline goes farther then I thought,... off spring lost but now found :party: !! Well Dan, I took her out for about a 25 mile run and did real good,...love the sound of the secondaries opening up WOW :rocks: !! I still have to set the air-mixture screw, even though I set it 11/2 turns out before I installed it. It will probably take me 2 months Just to do that :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Later, :hi: Bob

Omega Man":148bw70n said:
Ahem :ahem: Where are the pics?

~O~
It took me 2yrs. to get this far :smilie_happy: ,....ah pics,..... :doh: I'll try to provide some :wave: SOON!!Bob

Best I can do is Pic's :hi: !!!
33460221.JPG

Latest posts