Must Haves

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay no ceell ...dont have one....hmmmm dont deal with banks....helmet and jacket ...got that ....lets see cash and one brain cell that would be me .....im ready :hihihi: :moped:

GR8 responses so far! I will add this......... A good seat or seat cushion ( Air pad or a gel pad) along with a good backrest.
No fun riding when your squirming around in the seat after only a little while in the saddle. A good backrest is worth its weight in gold. Once you have one, theirs a good chance you will never ride without one again! :moped:

Spares are good, but how much space are you willing to give up? I guess if you were on a trip with a tight schedule it would be good to bring spares.

So much of this depends on where you go and what kind of riding you do....I have never ridden a bike without carrying some spare control cables since my woods riding days...I used to route the spare cables alongside the old ones and zip-tie them to the old cable...an old woods/trail riding trick. I don't do that with this bike but I have broken a speedo cable and a "pull" side throttle cable on this fella. I carry an entire set of cables in the sidecar trunk, a used but good starter solenoid and an igniter along with fuses and bulbs. I also carry a spare steering damper since the rig is tough to ride without one...

I also ride in pretty remote areas here in the west....some places a cell phone doesn't even get reception....the same riding in Alaska.

Brian

A good LOUD horn! I replaced my horns with a Stebil Nautilus air horn....very compact and very LOUD!!! Around here with the congested traffic and so many texters driving while texting...that horn is just dandy (and saved my life more than once!)

For comfy rides, you might consider one of these:
Sheepskin.JPG

I also used Frog Togg rain gear because it is so light! I wear it during hot sunny days (90+ temps) because it is like wearing a shadow.....keeps the sun off and prevents windburn at high speed.
Frogg Toggs.jpg

I carry an extra headlight bulb, extra fuses, and the 30amp one too. You simply don't want to start out on a trip without an extra clutch cable. Might get all the cables just incase..maybe a flare if you do break down at night...Plenty of good lights in case you need to work on a cable in the middle of nowhere. My wife bought me a led light set up with a small tripod for xmas..perfect..And one for your head too..Awesome..

LB....I went with those led jobs since they take up very little space and for crossing the border to Mexico...I wasn't sure how a couple of red incendiary flares would go over....I am not sure of the legality...probably ok but I don't like to push the line too much..the less iffy things the better....
Brian

...there's some good suggestions here...

...a miners flashlight...they are small, bright, and being you ride a Wing, after you set your cruise control, they come in handy for reading a book after dark...;)

I think those led lights are great, I may order a set of three.. I didn't know they existed.... :music3:

hi guys i tend to carry to much also.So i think i'm with the guys wife just bring the cell phone credit card and get it towed to the shop. :good:

Latest posts