• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need Float Bowl (Not any more but have 3 available now)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDub

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.hondapartsnation.com/pages/p ... fault.aspx

SKU: 16045-463-004
CHAMBER SET C, FLOAT (NOT AVAILABLE)

This is the bowl that has the Pump Diaphragm. I have all the diaphram parts from a rebuild kit but the carb fuel bowl itself had water freeze in it which cracked the bowl. All welding attempts have failed. I will harvest one off my next project bike but, this still leaves me short one needed Carb Bowl.

If anyone has a spare layin around, I'm glad to pay you for it!

Thanks. :read:

(Moved to For sale/wanted forum DF)

There are epoxy products designed to seal fuel tanks that can be used to seal a cracked float bowl. Even JB Weld has been used for similar uses.

slabghost":3h9q9yk2 said:
There are epoxy products designed to seal fuel tanks that can be used to seal a cracked float bowl. Even JB Weld has been used for similar uses.

No crack here! This was a clean break around a screw. The JB Weld didn't hold. I'de put up a pic but I'm at work pics at home.

MUST HAVE BOWL. Unless someone wants to take a crack at welding it I don't have the equip or know how for that one.

Using that stuff is kind of like using silver solder. Be careful to apply heat gradually and just enough. A few degrees too hot will turn an aluminum part into an unrecognizable lump.

wanrep":3f4f6580 said:
I didn't find any 1100 float bowls. Just 1000 bowls.
I do have a complete set of carbs for an 1100.
How's $75 sound?

Thanks for checking man. I bought my 1100s for $100 and $250 respectively. Both are complete bikes with full fairings, full sets of carbs, and full motors etc......... I've got two sets of carbs already. Really just need the one float bowl C. So, for the money, I think I'll just buy one more complete GL1100 for parts locally here in Sacramento. Luckily, I've got time on my side and I can rob the float bowl from bike #2 for now.

Thanks again for looking.

Ordered a set of 4 float bowls off ebay for 24 bucks today included shipping.

I WILL HAVE 3 FLOAT BOWLS AVAILABLE AS SPARES IF ANYONE NEEDS THEM.

PEACE OUT!

THIS THREAD IS DEAD JED........... :thanks:

BigDub":fiz6s1ng said:
Ordered a set of 4 float bowls off ebay for 24 bucks today included shipping.

I WILL HAVE 3 FLOAT BOWLS AVAILABLE AS SPARES IF ANYONE NEEDS THEM.

PEACE OUT!

THIS THREAD IS DEAD JED........... :thanks:

(Original post subject edited)

britman":i3d2codg said:
Is everyone looking for a bowl cus i am to for a set of 1100 carbs

I got 3 left. PM me if you need these. 20 bucks for all 3 will incude the shipping by usps in usa. Ifyou just need one, 8 bucks a piece.

Attachments

• 2011-01-29_14-08-30_918.jpg
    2011-01-29_14-08-30_918.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts