Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toytender01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ALL
I guess I should start by giving you some idea of who I am..... my name is Bob and I am 70 years young and I have ridden Motorcycles both on the street and in the dirt since I was 22 years old. I retired from 23 years of Civel Service (Air Force) in 93 prior to that I spent 9 years in the army. That said, I have 3 GL 1100 Interstates...one 80 and 2 82's. The 80 runs and I usualy do a 200 to 300 mile ride on it once a month around Sacramento California. I aquired the 2 82"s and an extra motor in a trade for $200 and a boat motor resently. Both havent run in years. Have one almost ready to run and the other has been striped of all its farings, covers and bags, which now grace the 80....when the next one is running I will sell off the other. Have to have two running so that I won't have to ride with the dummy I have been riding with (ME). I am looking for 2 headsets and mikes for the Honda Clarion radio/ intercomm on the 80. It all works but would like to have the intercomm for the wife. Other bikes I have now are 85 yamaha TT600, 98 Kqwasaki KLR 650, Yamaha YFM 350 (Worrier 4X4). Will post pics later.

Welcome toytender01! I'm sure someone will be by with info on the intercom. One thing about this place, if someone doesn't have the answer they probably know where to find it. Post something in the "wanted/for sale" section when the time is right to dispose of the leftovers after the rebuild. :builder: We swap parts a lot around here too. :cool:

~O~

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

And I would personally like to thank you for your years of service and protecting our rights and freedom! :clapping: :clapping: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have been waiting around for some break pads to come in as the rear pads went out on "redwing" so haven't been able to ride for a while. I usualy go up to Nevada City, to my church camp and spend a few days working at repair of their golf carts or what ever else they need...that allows me to keep my trailer there all year, or as needed. I guess it is ok as I should stay home and tinker with some of my own equipment.....still........I would rather be on the road with the "redwing" under me and the wife on the back.....maybe up the coast to Oregon or Washington, or just to Reno for an over nighter. Days like the last few where trmps reach 100 - 104 make you want to take off.
I have a friend who just bought a new Harley abd is getting ready to take his annual trip back east to hook up with a friend and do some travels back there... sure makes you think.

Yeah the lets go riding is a nice thought.. but we have grandkids and furry kids that need attention and watching.. not necessarily in that order.. and can't drop and ride.. welcome from North TEXAS DFW area..

Well I can dream can't I.......I usually plan something....then try to squeez it in.....sometimes it works....sometimes not...my kids and grand kids are not too close to us....it seams that the trip from trhere house is a major trip whike the trip from my house to theirs is only 10 minutes...so I have time.
I spent some time in texas way back in 63.....at Ft. Bliss in El Paso for 3 years then in 87 I went to arlington several times... I was there once right after the cowboys dome collapsed....
I try to ride when ever I can fit it in..... like tonight...I just replaced the rear break pads on the wing sooooo... that required an hour ride up into the foothills to test the breaks would have gone further but it was 9PM when I left and the wife deos not like my riding companion when i do spur of the moment things like that. Thinks I might fall down or something. I keep telling her I only fall down in the dirt.

kah92340":1k2vrnbh said:
Welcome to the forum, that's quite a stable of bikes you have I'd like to get one of those KLR 650s :)
Yah... I have a couple more also...Most are waiting for me to get busy and get them running again....I had this little hart problem a couple years ago and have not had the ambition to work on them....have long time friends who are pushing me to get the dirt bikes running again so I can come out and play with them again. Haven't done that in a couple of years....spent 30 years riding and racing with them so will have to get off my duff and get it done

Hi Toytender
Good to see your still riding.. My wife wont get on a motorcycle and wishes I wouldn't either, but a guy needs an outlet and that is mine also. Luckily she tolorates my riding with muffled complaints... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I hope you get your energy back, life without energy gets booooring in a hurry.. :good: :good:

Hi Ross
Well energy is not all it is cracked up to be... if you just keep plugging away it gets done. JUST DO IT. I am planning a short trip up to Medford Or. to visit relatives, probably late this summer, if all goes well. I calso have a KLR-650 needs some work (nothing new about that)
I plan on going to the State Fair Here in Sacramento today, at least the temp. is not in the tripple digits. Going to take the wing, just so that the parking will be easer that way.. Weather is hot to hotter here now and the fire season is in full swing...if it isnt lightning it is arson...I diden't know arsonests had a season but i guess they get climatised also....Went through Pueblo once back in the 60s was headed someplace east.(forget where now) Nice area. well it is off to the Fair... have a good day

Latest posts