New plug wire caps

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canuckxxxx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making up new plug wires for the '82. Are the plug caps a standard NGK part or are they Honda? I want to have it fit together like OE; with the rubber cover thing that joins each pair of plug caps. Any suggestions on plug wire?

Thanks
Brian

Check the Western Honda site. I'm not sure if the rubber is a separate piece or if they are sold with the resistor caps molded in.

I swapped out my caps with new NGK caps. Don't recall the exact number. Check out a few of the other Goldwing sites for the right ones. I got mine at a NAPA or Advanced Auto store for about $4-$6 each. Heads up: some places want $30 for 4 caps. PS swap out the coil pack with coils from a 1500. Cheap, stronger and easy.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. :thanks:

I came across this NGK chart that decodes their part numbers. :read: So I might be able to find a new cap that matches the OE.

I've had Neon coils for the last couple of years and they seem to work OK.

Brian

N G K with the right bend angle for the plug. :good: Did my 84 older several years ago, :headscratch: wires were still in great shape, & still are. :yes:

You're right, Denver, I can probably still use my OE plug wires. I'm more concerned with the caps. My experience with my old Suzuki GS is that those caps deteriorate over the years and cause intermittent running issues that are hard to track down. It's where the resistor is the gets corroded.

Latest posts