Speaker upgrade GL 1100 Clarion 1

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Five,
I used a set of pyle 4"
I can hear them pretty good at 55-65 but after that you have to be just steady cruising.
BTW my bike is a bit louder than normal.
, but was told by the stereo guy at the local shop I should buy the infinity 4" speakers, as they would be a nicer set and would be louder and clear at speed.
just didnt have the $$ at the time for them.

jdegase":3emjc2c6 said:
Hi Five,
I used a set of pyle 4"
I can hear them pretty good at 55-65 but after that you have to be just steady cruising.
BTW my bike is a bit louder than normal.
, but was told by the stereo guy at the local shop I should buy the infinity 4" speakers, as they would be a nicer set and would be louder and clear at speed.
just didnt have the $$ at the time for them.
Are the Infinitys marine speakers?

not marine, but poly and rubber. next to marine grade.
my poly pyles have lasted all summer, and have been rained on twice rather heavily.
bike stays outside and covered usually, but got caught a few times in a shower late at night.

jdegase":28x1m1p1 said:
not marine, but poly and rubber. next to marine grade.
my poly pyles have lasted all summer, and have been rained on twice rather heavily.
bike stays outside and covered usually, but got caught a few times in a shower late at night.
I will look some more. My bike lives inside, but I ride everyday unless it's absolutely pouring, so I get wet pretty often :lol:

I got some all-weather 3-ways speakers from Walmart...and after a few months I've decided I don't like them. Sure they fit bill in a pinch for $30, but I think I'm going to go to a stereo store and spend more like $60+.

~O~

Omega Man":qszl1ja1 said:
I got some all-weather 3-ways speakers from Walmart...and after a few months I've decided I don't like them. Sure they fit bill in a pinch for $30, but I think I'm going to go to a stereo store and spend more like $60+.

~O~

Thats just what I did.
the walmart speakers worked, but just barely.

Yesterday I replaced the epic phailure Waly speakers with some Pioneers from Best Buy($55), and they sound great. I think these will last longer because the cone material is at least 3X thicker. The last set wouldn't have worked in a car here either because of the heat here, sure the bike is outside all the time, but in a car the temps reach 140-150F. Much hotter than what the speakers on my bike had to contend with.

~O~

I have the Infinity speakers in my Vetter sound system and they are over 2 1/2 years old now with no problems and they sound great! I got them at Best Buy for about $59 back then. I have ridden in all kinds of weather and they are still working like a champ!

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 206

Latest posts