Speedo cable keeps coming off >:|

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...or a couple of wraps of Teflon tape, if it's the nut on the speedo head that keeps backing of. Mine does the same thing every now and then. I know anytime the speedo starts bouncing around, the cable is loosening up. It's not often enough for me to mess with it yet. :builder:

:hi: I am with slabghost on this i use the pliers on both ends for a little more tourque but if the threads are ok then a little locktite might be the answer not antiseze :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: good luck Bob

Mine was doing the same thing- couldn't find my Loctite blue so used a dab of black 'instant gasket'- hasn't come off again- seems like a common problem, tho, with all the responses-

I second AApple on the teflon tape on the speedo end. I had three out of 4 bikes that used to come loose every couple of weeks of riding. Got tired of constantly retightening the nut or fishing it from the depths of the fairing when I didn't. Applied the tape and no more having to mess with it. Now with the cold weather, I gotta swap out a whinning tach on the GL1100. When I do that, you betcha I'm doing the "treatment" to the cable nut!

Latest posts