SPEEDO

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83 ASPENCADE

Reaction score
Hi my name is JERRY from RICHMOND,VA i have an 83 ASPENCADE with 36,000 miles. IM the 2nd owner of this awesome bike.The problem is i had new tires put on in the spring the shop that did the job broke the little electrical box on the front hub that's attached to the speedo cable .The dash on my bike is DIGITAL,after i got it back the speedo,the odometer and self canceling turn signals quit working.Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hello Jerry, welcome to CGW. Man oh man, can't hire good help no more. I'd say take it back to them to fix but they would probably tear up more than already is done. My suggestion is fix one thing at a time, like start with the signal box that they broke on the front wheel and see if that corrects any of the other problems your experiencing. Start you a new topic thread and there will be a bunch of us try to help all we can.

Self canceling signals are tied in to the speedo so replacing the sending unit will probably get you right. Check ebay listings.

Welcome to Classics from PA! My thought, like others, is that this is a problem for the shop that did the work. But, they have already shown their lack of ability so maybe you are just better off to do the work and give them the bill. If ebay isn't any luck, another good source for these old wings is https://www.straightwings.com/

Welcome to the site from up North in New Jersey! :clapping:

Used to live in Richmond back in '69. My Dad supervised the building of the Post Office there. (Henrico, Co., Andover Road)

Latest posts