starter

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if one has the money to put up new pump it foolish to nang on to the paper and not put a pump on ...keep old pump and have it reconditiom by you and put in your parts department as it a good deal there and in stock ...there are others who would have to chance it on paper shortage and its perfectly fine to do so ....in the class of only option ...and could get yrs upon yrs whorth of service ....i have a waterpump thats original mileage is gazilllion and still going ....fuel pump only part ever replaced

So what, still available, original parts should we buy and keep for future use in case they cease to be made - even if we don't need one now?

- genuine Honda water pump
- ???

Why not? Even if you never use them, you can put them up for sale at twice the price and they'll sell. Here's some "extra" parts I purchased two to three years ago that are now no longer available from Honda: Radiator hoses, fuel cap, radiator cap, starter, 7 volt regulator, front brake switch, A & B throttle cables, clutch cable, exhausts clamps and an oil pressure switch are the one's I can remember at the moment. Yes, there are a lot of aftermarket parts out there that will work and plenty of folks that will buy them. That's fine. But, there's also a large group of owners who want only genuine Honda parts.

Latest posts