Stupid question, strapping down the front of the bike.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
Ok so back in the day of dirt bike riding we used to just put the tie down around the handle bars and tie it down.
But because that is not possible on Stella how do you guys tie your bikes down in front.
You know like when up on the table.
Last year when I had it up on the table for the alt. install I had her on the center stand but I am adding a wheel chock to the table and want to strap her down.
Jerry

I only had to trailer the bike once when I first got it and I used straps with ratchets and s-rings around the lower part of the forks after locking the wheel and then one off each side from the frame around the rear tire.

It is amazing just how much damage can be caused from a bike only falling 2 - 3 feet. It really comes down to do you want to take a chance or not. Ratchet straps are good insurance to prevent a lot of damage and frustration. I have always strapped to the frame rather than the handle bars when working on the bike. It doesn't have to be too technical just enough to stop gravity from doing what it wants to do.

Latest posts