The shipping companies make all the money!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
What's up with shipping charges. Is it me expecting them to be less or is this normal?

I sent a intake valve to handyrandy this morning.
My small box 7x7x3, .36 lb but they charge 1 lb minimum.

Regular ground UPS would arrive Tuesday from L.A to Pa, cost would have been $16.43
I sent it 3 day so he could work on it this weekend, cost was 25.01
Fedex 3 day would have been $35!

Are these charges out of the ordinary?
Is there a cheaper way?

Online companies send UPS and they don't charge anywhere near that much for ground.
I bought something recently for $25 which was heavier and paid just $6 shipping :?:
What am I missing here?

Coorporate bargaining power?????? I have a set of forks for Joedrum and have been a little worried about the cost to ship.. haven't checked yet.. but figure they will charge for heavy items.. asked the honda shop who they use and they said ups..

:eek: :shock: :eek: Sounds like someone at the UPS place punched in some wrong numbers for ya. Instead of 3", they put 3'.!!! :shock:
That's totally ridiculous...I sent 1/2 of a transmission to Cali from here UPS, and it was only like $40....someone stuck it to ya Dan, imo. :Awe:

I have been had like that too Dan. I bought a Keyboard stand off Ebay...... high bid for the stand was like $3 ... but , they already had the shipping set for overnight , and the shipping for that thing was way over $30 ....... so , in the end , when I thought I had a real deal for $3 .... cost me about $40 , and I could have bought it right here at home for that, NEW

I use the US Postal Service for that reason! They are always cheaper than UPS and I have been able to check and correct rates when at the counter. I have shipped all of my Ebay sales stuff this way.

Tory":2ur88e7b said:
I to use USPS.
A box shipped anywhere in the U.S. to fit that valve(or 2 or 3)would have been under $5.00

:clapping: :clapping: Cant beat that :mrgreen: Its a pretty good deal

:Awe: I'm sending a lightbar to mcgovern tomorrow and cant wait to find out what this is going to cost! BUT, whatever it is its fine. I got my much needed saddlebag lid for it. :music:

Montecman":l6v8fyi5 said:
:Awe: I'm sending a lightbar to mcgovern tomorrow and cant wait to find out what this is going to cost! BUT, whatever it is its fine. I got my much needed saddlebag lid for it. :music:

Let us know how much it cost, Im betting its gonna be at least $20

Hey Dan did you take to the UPS facility or use the UPS counter at Staples?? it runs in my mind that the shipping for an Item is more expensive when they pick up at a shipping location then at the UPS facility..

Joep":iabozyy4 said:
Hey Dan did you take to the UPS facility or use the UPS counter at Staples?? it runs in my mind that the shipping for an Item is more expensive when they pick up at a shipping location then at the UPS facility..

A UPS facility.

I'm going to order the variety pack of boxes from USPS for next time. Last time I use UPS or Fedex.

I need to find out where to get a box for a set of exhaust to ship. They can't be separated, so I'm looking for a pretty good size box. Any ideas on that? I'm sure shipping is going to be a whale too.

plskthompson1":3suy2lyh said:
I need to find out where to get a box for a set of exhaust to ship. They can't be separated, so I'm looking for a pretty good size box. Any ideas on that? I'm sure shipping is going to be a whale too.
I had a set of exhaust pipes sent to me only wrapped in a lot of bubble wrap and they shipped!

Latest posts