Wanted to ride today but had to do this

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
My extended service van is a bear to parallel park so I picked up a backup mirror.

Easy deal right?
I wish!

All this stuff had to come out:

IMG_0091.JPG

To get this shelf unit out:
IMG_0093.JPG

To bolt this on:

IMG_0095.JPG

Now all that stuff has to be organized and put back in :crying:

IMG_0092.JPG

It's been a few months since I've gone thru everything, what a mess but fortunately the kids are eager to help Dadda! :good:

Argh, almost done, next weekend I ride!!

:crying: :crying: :crying: Waaaa Waaa Waaa!!!
:smilie_happy:
Ever hear of a Welder? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Or a rivi-nut? :builder:

Oh well...you prolly needed to clean the back of that thing anyway, right? How much crap did ya find that you been lookin for for months? :smilie_happy:

Yeah, I found stuff I've been looking for and didn't find stuff I thought I had :smilie_happy:

I know there are easier fasteners but to keep from bending the side wall I put a backing plate to beef it up.

scdmarx":z9k6laj7 said:
That's what happens when you're too cheap to spring for the mini cam. :smilie_happy:

I thought about that but what I saw for less than $150 had crappy resolution and another little gadget means another reason for someone to break a window to steal it, besides all I really need is vision of the bumper to see when to stop before hitting the car behind me. Little kids get out the way!! :evil:

Dont need to worry about paralel parking around burnips.Very seldom do all three cars end up parking at the same curb at the same time., :lol:

well dan that reminds me of my friends work practises and orginizing .....1. theirs enough stuff in the van to keep me from doing what you did even if i had the money to do so .....2 i couldnt find enything in a van like that ive never worked in a harware store ......3 i would never let that job take my bike ride away
unless someone was pointing a gun at me .....and then id be looking for a chance to take them if i could...oh well im not very organized type guy ....i cant
find anything rather its organized or not so it dont matter to me ......look out everybody im backing up.....im always getting chewed out when i let my buddy barrow something cause i make him look for he just cant stand it..... :Doh2: :rtfm: i just grin :mrgreen:

AApple":2zncea5u said:
:crying: :crying: :crying: Waaaa Waaa Waaa!!!
:smilie_happy:
Ever hear of a Welder? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Or a rivi-nut? :builder:

Oh well...you prolly needed to clean the back of that thing anyway, right? How much crap did ya find that you been lookin for for months? :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: LOL Thats mean AApple, but funny at the same time :salute:

Latest posts