Well....I found one. Thanks

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBH

Reaction score
I posted a few days ago asking questions that would help me decide on another Wing. Well...it didn't take long. I found this 1986 GL1200 Interstate today. A distant relative had it and due to his health he made me a deal that I could not pass! It's never been layed down and it has 37,000 on it. Starts right up, no smoke and rides like a Cadillac. I'll post another photo after I get her home and shined up.

Attachments

• GL1200.JPG
    GL1200.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 258
I have had every size Wing except the 1800 and have an 84 right now that I just love. Your 86 is am improved version of mine so it will be even better. It is a great handling machine and you will have plenty of power and great gas mileage too. With those kind of miles and buying from someone you know and trust,,,, I think you got a rel gem there. Enjoy it.
Don

It rides and handles fantastic. Here it is...mostly cleaned up. I still need to do a little more rubbin' on it!

Attachments

• 86_GW_Interstate.JPG
    86_GW_Interstate.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 194
the 1200 wing cleaned up real good, your relative took good care of it now all you need is a driver backrest and highway boards. you may want to get a trunk relocation kit too of you and soqs do lots of two up riding

What a great find, now how lucky were you...Man I'm not jealous... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Or anything like that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I wish I could find something that clean...I'm truly very excited and happy for you...Good luck with it.. these older bikes are really terrific and great fun to work on and ride...

Yea, that is a really good looking bike. I'm always looking at CL with the keyword "Goldwing" and see occasionally a bike I'd just love to buy. How much you want for yours :lust: :beg: :mrgreen: ? Plenty of times I wish I'd had some extra money (hard to come by these days) to get that "great deal". Congrats on a nice bike.
:salute:

Latest posts