We're Official Now! IBA SaddleSore 1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumunga

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been here in a while, and I apologize for that. After we sold the Goldwing, we bought a pizzeria in Plainfield, IN. It's been taking up all our free time, and just about the only time I have to ride is back and forth to the two jobs. One good thing out of it is, if any of you GWF members are riding on US 40 in Plainfield, IN, stop by Rockstar Pizza. It's right across the street from Walmart on US 40. I'll hook you up with free breadsticks, and 25% off your order...everytime.

Anyway, wanted to share this with you all. We finally got our Iron Butt Riders membership pack in the mail yesterday. The wife and I did it on the Goldwing back in June '10. Some of you tried to track us on crossingways.com, but it konked out on us while in Tennessee. Well, I thought you all would like to see the certificate, and license plate back. The certificate is a little dark, but you should be able to see it ok. Thanks to everyone who wished us luck!

Here they are:

IBA cert.JPG

IBA lic.JPG

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Nice to get some recognition, eh Eric! Now you have PROOF!! Congrats on the new business venture, also! :good:

im close enough to take up on the offer .......so you bought a second job :smilie_happy: ...you might get the iron feet and burnt hands award too :smilie_happy: just kidding its great to hear from you...il check that pizza out soon yum yum yummy ....im like tory ill go just about anywhere for good pizzzzza :lust: :mrgreen:

Congrats on getting the recognition deserved and the new Pizza business. If I get out your way I'll stop in and sample your product. :good:

Andyb":2a4zd5l9 said:
How is that Victory running?

Running pretty good. Those 92ci Freedom engines they started putting on the Victory's in 2003 are built like tanks. Reminds me of the 1100. They have that v-twin shake, but with the overhead cams, auto valve adjustment, and fuel injection.

I've had it out a few times this year already. When it's cold out, it makes me miss the way the the 1100 blocked the wind. All the victory has is the windshield.

aslatk":op9uzu84 said:
Welcome back. Plans on getting another Goldwing? What did you ride? I just checked out the IBA website. It sure got my interest. Congrats to you?
:clapping:

We did the SaddleSore 1000 on the GL1100 a couple of months before I sold it. The ride was pretty nice until we got into Missouri. It was 104 degrees riding up through the boot heel.

Latest posts