Y'all's opinion on tires...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunlop E-3's for me. I have about 4,000 miles on the rear and it still looks great. The front has about 1,000 miles on it.

Shinko is less expensive, but I have had no problems with the tires I ran in the past. I had a set on my Bandit and they were great.

Well, on my '77 I have run Dunlop 491, Dunlop 404, and Bridgestone S11 and of the three, I'm way happier with the S11. The others weren't bad, but I'm very happy with the S11 thus far.

Hi Joe..I had it built by a guy in Kamloops, British Columbia....He built it for about $400 and that was as inexpensive as I could find at the time...I sent him the hub from a Comstar and one of the web pieces so he could use it as a pattern. He made steel web spokes and welded a steel 15" rim on. It works really well although the tire size is a little hard to find. They last forever...all my tires are flat treads rather than rounded like a moto tire...as you may know, the rounded ones on a sidecar rig wear out really fast because all that wears is about an inch to an inch and a half in the center.....
I think the Side Effects in Kamloops does the job too. Possibly Dauntless motors in Washington state....
Brian

dan filipi":3b5c4ghj said:
I have an E2 rear and an E3 front.

They both have run fine for me but after reading about Gerry getting 13k miles out of his that's what I'll try next.
i had 39,xxx miles on the 1200 when i put the e-3's on it and now have over 50,000 and the tires look great

this is exactly what i want to do ....with one of my comstars that i have i.....i want a wider rim ...and i want it it tubeless ....ive already got the swing arm modified for wider tire..... :mrgreen:

Latest posts