mongruel getting a 86 1200 engine added to the bloodline

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they say 20 thousant... and no i havnt done that ...id say it best place for it is under what there now so there no change in depth ...on that issue im undecided on what i might do for better springs....but for now i just want to get it running

some pics of the 1200 with 1100 heads and 371 early cams installed and soft mounted not torque yet not quite ready for that ...i will fit belts and time test all clearences first ...if all passes ill torque....the one pic has the 77 in it this is where the 1200 is going ..the other pic is of the masecure of the leaves around here they fell
image.php

image.php

image.php

Wow can see sky through those trees. Wasn't like that when I was there. Kinda cool looking.
Could use that spare 83 1100 engine connected to an industrial strength leaf blower :moped:

dont give ideas im liable to try ...my golf cart got me so pissed im about to put a 1000 gl motor in it :rant:

okay i did nothing yesterday .....today is much nicer ...im going to work on the project 1200 today ...either by taking the 1000 motor out of the 77 or work on the 1200 motor ...probably the motor need to time and adjust vales ....also have to extract a starter bolt thats broke off in the block ...speaking of intake horns i need to see what im going to do there to make them work on the 1200 to fit the 1000 carbs.... :mrgreen:

dan filipi":3egj1m2p said:
A stoppy :smilie_happy:
Will those things do that?

If I find a donor chassis on the cheap I'm gonna have to throw an old engine in one. They are still kinda new so might be a while. Goofy looking little car but can you imagine the look on a 'vette owners face when he gets dusted off the light by one of these?

today as a final check i timed the 1200 and set the valves too ....all seemed good no hitting of any kind ....its amazing the parts that get put on oldwings that are not right ...out of the three 1200 motors i have only one came with 1200 belts on them ...two came with 1000 belts cramed on ...there way to tight ....its like the head gaskits i have not tore apart a 1100 yet that has 1100 head gaskits on it ...i find this strange that its so wrong here at my house all in a random way ...motors came from everywhere with no common thing except there at my house now....

i cant find the the crossover parts list numbers for parts as in belts hoses and stuff ...im thinking maybe its been in the gallery repair maybe and not just me :smilie_happy: wishful thinking i bet :mrgreen:

joedrum":3ms2y68x said:
today as a final check i timed the 1200 and set the valves too ....all seemed good no hitting of any kind ....its amazing the parts that get put on oldwings that are not right ...out of the three 1200 motors i have only one came with 1200 belts on them ...two came with 1000 belts cramed on ...there way to tight ....its like the head gaskits i have not tore apart a 1100 yet that has 1100 head gaskits on it ...i find this strange that its so wrong here at my house all in a random way ...motors came from everywhere with no common thing except there at my house now....

i cant find the the crossover parts list numbers for parts as in belts hoses and stuff ...im thinking maybe its been in the gallery repair maybe and not just me :smilie_happy: wishful thinking i bet :mrgreen:
That's under the quick reference button on top of the page- basic part numbers.
Here's the direct link viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3711

well...... are gator belts made by goodyear ....if they are i have a new set of belts for a 1200 cool :mrgreen:

im in a wow stage now knowing i got it all together and nothing hitting ...im pass the biggest hurdle ...im starting to look at bike now and ready for motor switch ...its nice everything is in the dry inside building ...ive been lazy lately but will try and get things together to pull motor ....i cant wait to get this 77 nakidd 1200 going

thanks mike ive got them also new belts #40070...that good news now i can go right into putting motor in bike ....today im realy going to button it up the motor ive checked it in every way i can it is a go ....im dreading the thought some but switching the motor souldnt be to bad

its confirmed the 1000 exhast in no way can be used on 1200 motor ...you would think it could spread a little to make up for wider motor ...no way ...i have strait pipes i could use or the mongrel 79 exhast witch can be used if i go with the 79 headers also as they have diferent exit on them thanthe 75-77 do...and they do spread in the middle ...those are my options on exhast ...taking things off 77 and readying for removal of motor...

yes they work too ... and i have that also forgot to mention it

i could use the 83 exhast there good but have baffles missing i think its loud compared to the othrs i have ..but not bad at all hmmmmm

:popcorn: I'm gettin excited!! Gotta see/hear this Frankenwing run soon! :beg: :clapping: :moped: