What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well folks, today my new-to-me leather Corbin seat with a backrest came today and I put it on....oh my! I am going to go for a ride today and tomorrow (wind permitting) I will ride to Mexico to finally turn my paperwork in for exiting MX...I need to do that to get my credit card refund of $200. I have been waiting until this seat came....
A really nice ebay buy for $200 with free shipping...I am thrilled. This will be the 8th Corbin between myself and my wife, several new and several used but all the best seats we have ever had.
Brian

WindNWing":ydavoy8e said:
Well, I got up my nerve and cut two 3 1/4" holes in my windshield. :beg: I mounted two of the Vetter vents and all went well. :clapping: :heat: I then went for an 85 mile ride, it's like springtime here in Southern Ohio.
The first, hot summers day I should know if I improved the air flow or not.
Gary, start a new thread on this so that we can follow the topic (and the outcome!) I am curious if it makes a difference.

bk2valve":195axks0 said:
Well folks, today my new-to-me leather Corbin seat with a backrest came today and I put it on....oh my! I am going to go for a ride today and tomorrow (wind permitting) I will ride to Mexico to finally turn my paperwork in for exiting MX...I need to do that to get my credit card refund of $200. I have been waiting until this seat came....
A really nice ebay buy for $200 with free shipping...I am thrilled. This will be the 8th Corbin between myself and my wife, several new and several used but all the best seats we have ever had.
Brian
Post some pics in a new thread Brian! :clapping: :music:

Started working on her today, getting new tires put on to start. Also went to check out another 82 to put in the garage so she won't get lonely... :smilie_happy:

Today i pulled the fairing, false tank and carburetors off. Carburetors are dripping fuel into cylinders causing bad fuel smoke on startup. I have had lots of trouble with these carbs despite them supposedly being rebuilt by PO (he paid Honda shop to do it) and having pulled them myself to double check all passages and synchronizing them. I am heavily considering building an intake and converting to single carb..... I have a progressive 2 barrel with vacuum secondary off an old Datsun pickup i am considering using :shock:

Took the lower fairings off and left timing belt cover for a look see. I had also been noticing a rattle and discovered that to be a missing bolt where the brace to the rear brake caliper mount bolts up. :shock: I had to take the left saddle bag off to get to that, but was able to get a bolt in and secured. I also shot some juice in my tach and that seemed to quiet the noisy bushing down. I also did as Dan suggested and gave my speedo a little shot of the juice, as well. I made a half hearted attempt to get the instrument cover off so I could replace some burned out bulbs in my fuel and temperature guages. I'll tackle that another time.

Mark

Replaced the front brake lever with a nice chrome one that matches the clutch lever.

Separated the HD Sporster mufflers from the exhaust pipe. Preparing to replace my OEM mufflers.

:cheeky:

dan filipi":1hz47cbj said:
Bolt missing on the brake caliper, not good!

After finding that I'd be going over every nut and bolt on the bike, make sure its there AND tight.

Good find BTW.

Thanks, Dan. It wasn’t from the caliper itself. It was a brace that goes from the mounting bracket down to the frame. The bolt that attaches that brace to the caliper mounting bracket was missing. Sorry if I’m using incorrect terminology, here. I did go over some things and checked tightness on fasteners. While I had my lowers off, I double checked my fairing, for sure. I also went over the brake calipers them selves and a few other things, just to double checks. The bike doesn’t rattle at all, which was the reason that brace stood out when it rattled.

BTW, my tachometer remained quiet on the ride to work today. Thanks for your help!

Mark

me and flags 3.jpg
me and flags 2.jpg
me and flags 1.jpg
I rode a PGR event today. Police officer's funeral.