What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:head bang: nice day today,uncoverd miss daisy, got out the new battery,put acid in,charged battery blue the tank lines out,sucked all the stuff out of her tank. :builder: put sending unit back in,pulled all the plugs and gaped them,put back in. turned on my free flow gas and tried to start her :head bang: all i manage to get was a few puffs of smoke.and a couple of couffs and couple of pops.pulled plugs agian put a little gas in the holes,put plugs back in same thing but no start :crying: now i got the battery charging agian. did get the back lights to come on now,the fan switch,fog lights .to work.. :clapping: i noticed when the batty the volt meter never got above 10 or 11 volts,,maybe an over night charge will help. :thanks:

well still no vroom vroom,battery showed even less power after trikle charge all night..rechecked ign. found the three yellow wires and plug they looked in decent shape...going to try and find recept for battery and get another one if possible. what do i check on the three yellow wires?
thanks bill

mwbill37841":2amkipfj said:
what do i check on the three yellow wires? thanks bill
You are actually checking the connector in between them. If you pull it apart and look at the blades, you will most likely find corrosion or discolored plastic from overheating. Cut out the connector and solder the three wires in (doesn't matter the order, they all do the same thing).

I rode my Wing to work! :yahoo: :moped:

Gotta love it when the bike reaches the point that no matter the time of year, just hit the starter button and ride!! Someday....I will tinker with her again, but for now I will just keep riding :ahem: !

Looks like I am getting her a little sister.

gold%20wing%202.jpg

cranked he rafter checking ign.set agian,batterystill not got enough power to even turn the starter. took it back to wally world that ever start was a never start.. guess i'll try a higher dollor one from some where else.

I got her a half brother well maybe more like a 3/4 brother i will know more wen i get the boxes open

opened up the old set of carbs and looked at them. but i don.t think even watching the videios i'd be able to do the job with out really messing things up so i hate to say it but i'm going to have to find someone who is bet it s gonna hert too.
if they get a radakks kit thats 160,plus labor. they things we do to get our knees in the breeze.

mwbill37841":1qsra2q1 said:
opened up the old set of carbs and looked at them. but i don.t think even watching the videios i'd be able to do the job with out really messing things up so i hate to say it but i'm going to have to find someone who is bet it s gonna hert too.
if they get a radakks kit thats 160,plus labor. they things we do to get our knees in the breeze.

I was in the same boat - there was no way I could rebuild them so I took it to the local shop (a very good one) buy the time I bought full carb kits (and then found I needed another part that wasnt in the kits) ended up costing me $450.00

AND THEN I DECIDED TO PART THE DARN THING OUT! thats what ya call poor planning.

I changed the break fluid. Very easy since I put the SpeedBleeders on the 83.

Added SeaFoam to gas and filled her up. Rode about 50 miles but still running a bit rough.

I have an issue that perhaps someone can help with. I have to start the bike with the clutch handle pulled in. The neutral light is on but goes out when in gear. The OD light is on all the time. I've changed the clutch switch and the silicon rectifier. Still have to engage clutch to start. Any suggestions? Not a big deal but just not quite right.

:rant:

patcoburn":1anwo3jw said:
I changed the break fluid. Very easy since I put the SpeedBleeders on the 83.

Added SeaFoam to gas and filled her up. Rode about 50 miles but still running a bit rough.

I have an issue that perhaps someone can help with. I have to start the bike with the clutch handle pulled in. The neutral light is on but goes out when in gear. The OD light is on all the time. I've changed the clutch switch and the silicon rectifier. Still have to engage clutch to start. Any suggestions? Not a big deal but just not quite right.

:rant:

Since the OD light is on all the time some wire connections might be wrong or the front cover detection switch is acting up or not aligned properly so it sits at the right position.

There's a plug if you follow the wires coming up from the front cover.
Does the OD light go off when that's unplugged?

Would be better we start a new thread about this instead of discussing it in this topic.

I started a new group but I don't know what your are referring to when you say the "front cover" and "front cover detection switch"