Windows 10 upgrade

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the printer or its software for any errors.
Many printers will up and stop if low on 1 or more colors.

Try clearing all print jobs.
Unplug printer, restart computer.
Plug printer back in once windows is FULLY loaded.
Let windows recognize it and load driver.
Try printing.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155215#p155215:334bzjzy said:
dan filipi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 pm[/url]":334bzjzy]
Check the printer or its software for any errors.
Many printers will up and stop if low on 1 or more colors.

Try clearing all print jobs.
Unplug printer, restart computer.
Plug printer back in once windows is FULLY loaded.
Let windows recognize it and load driver.
Try printing.

Done been thru all that. Even reloaded the software from the original disc that came with it. Thing is, it will copy, or scan to the puter, but it will not actually PRINT anything...docs, pics, nuttin. Just keeps saying I have no printer, or there was an error. :head bang:

prnt.jpg

prnt2.jpg

prnt3.jpg

This is even tho I JUST installed the device drivers from the disc...even did a restore to earlier date..no help. Dammit!
computer001.gif

open and close all the doors on the printer. Damn micro switches sometimes don't activate. I had two printers I had to tape the doors shut to get them to work. Also you may need to reseat the ink containers. Good luck.

Speaking as a former printer repair guy, I found that the drivers supplied with printers are quite often not anywhere near the current rev. Go to the HP site and download the latest driver for your model. Quite often this solves a bunch of issues.

Tim

Doubt that this has anything to do with Win 10, but....dang thing was werkin fine before July 29....

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155261#p155261:3uizlrl1 said:
AApple » 10 minutes ago[/url]":3uizlrl1]
Doubt that this has anything to do with Win 10, but....dang thing was werkin fine before July 29....
Depends on which Windows 10 review ya read :smilie_happy:

But seriously, I have done a lot of reading about the upgrade and haven't read one case of anything like this happening related to Windows 10.

My Windows 10 experience so far:

I had done an upgrade to 10 from 7 on another hard drive as test bed.
The 7 installation was one that has all my programs and settings the way I like it, my daily driver so to speak.
Upgrade to 10 went without a hitch and everything worked great, but not for long.
It would run fast after booted but slowed to a crawl then complete freeze up. Keyboard wouldn't do anything. Mouse worked but nothing responded.
I ditched that upgrade and reverted back to 7, which worked great.

Yesterday I did fresh 7 installation then upgrade to 10.
So far no problems. It's running as fast as 7 ever did.
I do have more programs to install. Will see.
Print drivers for my 2 laser printers, both less than a year old were a bit tricky. Had to use windows 8 drivers. They seem to be working fine (so far).

I been wonderin the same thing! Should I go for it, and if so, what do I need to reject during the install?

I've been using 10 for a few months not a bit of trouble.

During the install there is a smallish option for "customize".
There are 2 screens, I selected no on all of the options. These are the options to advise Microsoft in the background about use and crap.
After that, complete the install.

I don't like it at all. I returned to 7 Ultimate on my PC but left it on the lappy because I'm just not sure about the recovery discs(7 of them :shock:) I made. It's buggy on the laptop and it runs slow... but that's the machine Janet uses the most and she and tech don't really get along. Kinda like gas and coolant in the crankcase of a Oldwing motor.:?

~O~

Shop puters are runnin 10....definitely different for the 7 that I have now. Just not sure if I can deal with the difference. Guess I'll do the upgrade in the next week or so, and see what happens... :laptop:

I have upgraded to Win10, here is the issues I see, Win10 is designed for the new processors, dual core, quad core etc, Win 10 uses 1 to 1.5 Gb's of memory just sitting there with no apps running. If you have less than 4Gb om memory on your machine you will have issues. If you have less than a 2.0 processor speed you will have issues. also the new Edge browser is real buggy, I use Chrome instead.
Stay on win7 if your machine doesn't meet the requirements.

My older desktop started failing, but I got a good carcass of a fairly new computer that took a lightning strike. Replaced the MB and installed a fresh Win 7. Runs like a champ!

Upgraded to Win 10 in this machine and so far everything works and runs great! Even the old HP Color Laserjet 3600 laser printer (from 2007). All of my software and hardware is currently working. I'll keep an eye out for glitches and keep everyone posted. Maybe waiting one year was worth the wait? :hihihi: