Valve cover bolts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torque818

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for valve cover bolts? all 8 of mine are shot and the rubber "cones" wont apply enough pressure to gaskets to seal them completely,or should I just use gasket sealer, it's a shame cuzz the gaskets are new.

:headscratch:
Wait...we have a "Nuts and Bolts" forum?!? :shock:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89212#p89212:1m3sgkl4 said:
Torque818 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:17 pm[/url]":1m3sgkl4]Anyone have a source for valve cover bolts? all 8 of mine are shot and the rubber "cones" wont apply enough pressure to gaskets to seal them completely,or should I just use gasket sealer, it's a shame cuzz the gaskets are new.

Let me take a look when I get home tonight. I have an extra 1000 motor sitting around that I am sure I have 8 bolts that I can spare.

I actually tried adding O rings behind the rubber "cones" and that seems to have worked but it's kinda "hack", don't want this bike to be mickey rigged at all if I am gonna ride it hundreds of miles away from home, I want to be confident in getting back home, an uneventful trip is a good trip.....

Look up the bolt gaskets AKA rubber cones. The new bolts aren't any shorter but the new gaskets are a bit thicker.

I need some also.. looked at the sight and he had some of the things i needed but not the bolts.. also are the 85 1200 brakes linked?? working on my new to me.. rescue bike.. PO bought from a H-d shop and they said it would not start.. and e started checked voltages and brought it home to redo.. missing some tupperware.. radio not working.. he got it streeatable.. but now I need to do the right thing and check for funny wiring set ups...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90691#p90691:3t71jiz2 said:
Joep » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:19 am[/url]":3t71jiz2]
I need some also.. looked at the sight and he had some of the things i needed but not the bolts.. also are the 85 1200 brakes linked?? working on my new to me.. rescue bike.. PO bought from a H-d shop and they said it would not start.. and e started checked voltages and brought it home to redo.. missing some tupperware.. radio not working.. he got it streeatable.. but now I need to do the right thing and check for funny wiring set ups...

Yes the brakes are linked. The foot pedal operates the rear brake and the front right one. The left front brake is on the handle bar.
Roger

Latest posts