1100 parts bike motor

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did further tear down on the 80 1100 motor withthe stator bolt damage to the stator plug and rear cover ....i took the heads off cause it was some what stuck the heads look petty good and the timing belts look brand new honda brand....so then spayed some pb blaster on the pistons and unstuck the piston and cleaned them up and it looks great no visable danage at all and spins real free .....this was a good sign compared to the stator blot deal and i might have a real good motor....on the carbs there completly stuck the only thing that moves is the choke....

anyway you never know whats up till you dig in

the bottom motor mont on my 1000 is a though bolt that slides out are the 1100 the same way or are they threaded studs i could not get this out of the motor and it madee it pretty hard to get the frame off someone let me know for sure how this is set up....

I think the lower, front mount is a thru stud, with threads on both ends, if I read the manual correctly. :read: If it has been in there for all this time, it's prolly pretty well stuck, but some penetrant should loosen it up over a few days....

Yep, the forward lower mounting bolt is a thru bolt. Dirt and grime get caught in there. Patience and PB Blaster (plus a bigger hammer) will get it out Joe.

mcgovern61":22p4qoy8 said:
Yep, the forward lower mounting bolt is a thru bolt. Dirt and grime get caught in there. Patience and PB Blaster (plus a bigger hammer) will get it out Joe.

That bolt on mine has been in and out so many times it slides right out with no resistance :grin:

Mine was loose when I replaced my belts.. try jacking the motor up slightly to take weight off the the stud.. so it will come free.. (as always try a bigger hammer.. and tap it good in both directions.. so you get the crud out of both sides..)

Latest posts