1955 Triumph Tiger PIA

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like i said sharp as a razor! :hihihi: Need's a lot of stropping to keep the edge just right, :whistling: the wife was the best to run the timing light. :doh: Too far, back the other way, :heat: till the dual point was just right. :good: If after three kicks it didn't start, would be looking to see why. :headscratch: One was usually enough to start it, :clapping: also had a Mikuni carburetor as Amal's were not as good. :nea:Cut my teeth on that scooter :roll:

New Triumphs are real nice ! Still dig the old ones as well ! But friggin LUCAS wires !!! lol ..My 1967 MGB and my 1985 Jaguar XJS V12 had Lucas ..Got damn what a problem ! was hoping when Ford bought out Jag they would retool with Motocraft wires but nope ! still remember the Positive Ground ! on my MGB tried to hook up a Pioneer supertuner , made sure i rubber insulated the thing, it worked ! foraboutaday lol FIRE !!! lucky it had a slip mount !! yanked it and tossed it out the window lol :doh:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166846#p166846:3s43mkkf said:
Fstsix » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:52 am[/url]":3s43mkkf]
New Triumphs are real nice ! Still dig the old ones as well ! But friggin LUCAS wires !!! lol ..My 1967 MGB and my 1985 Jaguar XJS V12 had Lucas ..Got damn what a problem ! was hoping when Ford bought out Jag they would retool with Motocraft wires but nope ! still remember the Positive Ground ! on my MGB tried to hook up a Pioneer supertuner , made sure i rubber insulated the thing, it worked ! foraboutaday lol FIRE !!! lucky it had a slip mount !! yanked it and tossed it out the window lol :doh:

I guess they changed things a few years later. I had a '70 MGB. It was 12V negative ground and I never had an electrical problem with it. It always started easily and ran well.

Was it stock? :headscratch: Like me with my Triumph, :Awe: many people changed the electrical system components over to our stuff, :roll: being better,cheaper, as well as the availability factor being about anywhere they sold any sort of auto parts. :good:

Just a little update on my kick starting adventure. I am just starting to regain most of the strength in my right leg and the bruising is now moving down to my ankle. I have missed out on riding the last two weekends as I thought 2 weak legs would not be a safe riding combination ( crook left leg and hip, in Physio atm). Hopefully it won't be too much longer or I will have forgotten how to ride :smilie_happy:
This over 50 stuff is not for the faint hearted :doh:

Over 50 is when you start to plan ahead some. Like a tow strap for pull starting kicker only bikes. Or a starter like Bert Munro used.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167092#p167092:39vv3ngj said:
slabghost » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:27 am[/url]":39vv3ngj]
Over 50 is when you start to plan ahead some. Like a tow strap for pull starting kicker only bikes. Or a starter like Bert Munro used.
:blush: :good: :yes:

Finally got to ride Saturday morning to meet up with members from the VJMC at Springwood Suzuki. The kick starting right leg was feeling up to it and I was dying to ride again. Weather was overcast, fairly hot and humid so not the best video but still great riding. A little bit of rain on the way home which was still plenty of fun and by the time I was heading up the DD it was nice and dry again.
[video]https://youtu.be/p3NWshI9HkU[/video]

Latest posts