1980 Goldwing Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi As you know by now I am a new member. I am a Veitnam Vet. Served in the Navy with the north atlantic submarine service. I have two grown sons and four grandchildren. My wife and I have been riding bikes for 40 years. We have been married for 35 years. My wife has been my back seat partner since we where juniors in highschool. I am a diesel tech by trade. I currently own two bikes. One is a 1980 Goldwing Interstate GL1100 and a 2004 VT1100 Saber. The Goldwing has been my project bike for three years. It had been sitting in a barn for over 7 years. It had only 45,000 miles on it. It also had a hard mount side car and a bike trailer. I picked the whole thing for $500. It now has 51,600 miles on it. Thru a lot of work and research this has been a lot of fun. Still have work to do but have been riding it a lot. This bike has the hondaline fairing and hard bags(all factory equipped) Still have to go thru the trailer yet, have since gotten rid of side car. Did not want a hard mount unit on this bike. Well I think that is all for now. I will post pic of bike when I learn how.

SHORTBIKER

Welcome aboard. You can set up your gallery in the control panel and upload pictures to your gallery.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101516#p101516:3lwxw7qb said:
shortbiker » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:48 pm[/url]":3lwxw7qb]
if it was not for the bubbleheads there would not be a Navy

So I've been told... John will be coming to your defense sooner or later. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the welcomes. I would like to thank all VETS for serving our coutry. THANK YOU

Took my wing for a 400 mile run yesterday. It purred like a kitten and pulled 41 mpg. I have done alot of work on this bike, mainly the fuel system. This has been a pain but I am very happy with the results. The miles were all freeway speed(65 to 75 mph) I am hoping this fuel milage is about normal.

Ride When You Can and Ride As Long As You Can