1981 Interstate - From Naked Hard Bagger to Full Dresser - Harley Batwing Fairing & Aspencade Trunk

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Wingnuts,

I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to put a batwing on Mad Max(ine) but wasn't sure how. Someone here pointed me (Gerry and Dan I think) to Scratch's video on YouTube of his beautiful batwing install. (I think it was his bike if I have the name wrong please correct me want to be sure I get it right).

Anyway, she's "done" - that is, until I figure out what else is missing. Right now I think it's passenger floorboards (I don't even have pegs there yet, my wife hasn't wanted to ride - 2 young kids - but I hope date night might include a trip down the chesapeake canal on Max now that she has a barcalounger for a backseat) - anyway, here's what it looks like with the trunk from an 83 Aspencade and a 1980 Harley FLH outer fairing on. Kinda makes the Harley brakelights on the tail look a little more at home I think with it all done. Going to pop off the trunk to see how she looks when a bit lighter in the rear.

If anyone else is interested in doing this I can write it up. I found the trunk and the fairing on eBay for about $250 with shipping for both. Toss in another $50 for wire, loom, fittings, hardware, etc. and that's probably the tab to do this. I'd be happy to share the experience if anyone is looking to try it out.

I really love my Goldwing. It's an absolute blast to work on and it rides even better!!

max_front.jpg

max_trunk.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97937#p97937:m61be4pc said:
ekvh » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:06 pm[/url]":m61be4pc]
Looks like a Harley. But faster.
And more reliable! :smilie_happy:

Nice work!! :clapping: