1982 Interstate gl 100 radio issue

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrackless

Reaction score
Just bought a 1982 Goldwing fixeruper. Slowly getting everything back together however the AM FM radio lights up and comes on but will not change channels. Any suggestions?

G'Day and welcome Wrackless
You could try bashing the center out of the mufflers, this won't help with AM/FM but will give great sound :music2:
or wait a bit and one of the more sensible / knowledgable members will have an idea or 2

and this is the 100th topic in this section :party: :party: :yahoo: :music2: :salute: :clapping: :salute: :music2: :yahoo: :party:

thats what i like some real good advice....tune the radio into the goldwing channel, eating the hyway!!!!!!!!!!

cant help you my bike is setup as discribed above, good luck though i know somebody can help besides us

Hiya wrackless,
one of the posts had a link to a company that will rebuild the radio for 100$ .
I suspect this is what your gonna need. I have a tuner that doesnt tune either it kinda jumps back to the start station all the time... and if you do get it to change it doesnt stay long..
you could try cleaning the contacts on the head unit, and adding a ground to the tuner case (inside the right hand fairing)
since this radio electronically tunes, the voltage and grounding is especially important.

heres the link mentioned.
https://www.sierra-mc.com/

anyway welcome to the site... and happy wing'n :)

Latest posts