• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1983 GL1100 LH wineberry side cover and chromed valve cover.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Kids!

As I get close to done with "Bobo", my 1983 gl1100 standard with Vetter Windjammer fairing, I've got a couple of cosmetic issues to address.

As you can see from the first photo, the side covers that came with him don't match. I'm looking to match the solid wineberry cover with the emblem and "GoldWing" name on it. Anybody got a Left Hand (as you sit on the bike, of course) side cover that looks like that one in good shape? If so, please "make me an offer I can't refuse." I also need a rubber grommet to attach it as one is missing.

The second photo is of the crappy LH valve cover, pitted chrome finish and missing the GL1100 emblem in the lower left. Anybody got one of these in good condition? Again, "make me an offer...."

Appreciate you help in locating these items! I'm planning on selling my GL1200 but keeping Bobo even after I get the GL1500 in two weeks. He'll make a fun "runaround" bike, and I have too much work on what I thought would be a quick flip to just sell him off. The problem I've had getting him to run that I mentioned here recently turned out to be the *!!%$* PLENUM GASKET! Expecting it from Randakk's by tomorrow and off come the carbs for the FOURTH Fuc$$in' time! Geez! :blush: Anyway, he's almost there and I'm gonna keep him for awhile just for a fun ride. Thanks! :salute:

A few days ago I seen a single and a pair on Ebaybe..I think you have a burgundy cover there, The wineberry has a brighter red..Just dont want you to buy the wrong color.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89586#p89586:25yyjmf9 said:
zman » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:05 pm[/url]":25yyjmf9]A few days ago I seen a single and a pair on Ebaybe..I think you have a burgundy cover there, The wineberry has a brighter red..Just dont want you to buy the wrong color.

It's even weirder than that! According to the Saunders list of Goldwing colors by year, the 1983 GL1100 Standard only came in two colors: (1) Black, and (2) Regal Brown! :shock: I'm sure this is a standard with an add-on Vetter Windjammer fairing.

Even though I plan to keep it awhile and have a compressor and spray gun, I suck at painting and don't want to ruin whatever value he has by crapping out on the paint job! Guess I'll check E-Gay. Thanks Guys!

Kevin

Latest posts