1983 gl1100i

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased my 83 interstate from my brother in 2006 after he found it ignored in the back corner of somebodys polebarn.
He really wanted a 1200 instead,so when I told him about a great deal I found on one he bought it and sold me the 1100.
I hadnt had a bike in 10 years do to having four kids,but now I have one left at home and he was big enough to ride.

I paid him $600.00 and put T-Belts and a water pump on his 1200,then began working on the 1100.
The first year I just got it running and fixed the stuck breaks,and rode it just around here fixing little quirks.Then in through the first winter changed the T-Belts,T-Stat,hoses, waterpump, head gaskets and tires.(The head gaskets had to be redone in 2010 with HONDA gaskets becuase I used a cheap knock off)

Then every winter after I have tried to replace,add or upgrade something.

Through the years I have added a J&M cb/intercom,Intergrated it to the stereo,Progressive springs,Stainless braided brake hoses,Saddleman roadsofa with gel,GPS,Really cool sidecovers,Sidecar,Trailor and hitch,and counless other add ons or lights that Im probably not remembering.

I bought the bike with just under 40,000 miles and after five years and 10 states later have just over 70,000 miles.

I can not think of a more reliable motorcycle.And we have had countless adventures as well as made many new wonderful friends becuase of this "Ignored old motorcycle in the corner"

Attachments

• bike 021.JPG
    bike 021.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 301
  • sidecovers 003.JPG
    sidecovers 003.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCF0175.JPG
    DSCF0175.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCF0178 web.jpg
    DSCF0178 web.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 298
Yes sir, that's a fine looking ride. :good:
Look how much enjoyment and knowledge you have gained
by bringing the 83 wing back.
Way to go. :good: :good:

i bought my 83 as a wreck less than a year ago ....after fixing modifiying and all the stuff i do im well pleased with it ....its a great running bike and i love the old bike instruments on it and plan on many rides with it for sure just great bikes in my opinion....comforable ...backrest wifes favorite bike ...and on and on ...coulnt be happier and i got to start a relationship with all you great wingers :mrgreen:

I got a naked 83. Done nothin to it but the regular stuff.re; belts, tires, brakes, filters, fluids, etc. When the time comes, I only hope I can find another to replace it. :good:

These bikes are addictive.More dependable than any other.Parts can be found with ease.The most comfort on the road.I've had Harley's,Yamaha's,Kawasaki's,but none compared to wing.

ajclockga":2o5pdqil said:
These bikes are addictive.More dependable than any other.Parts can be found with ease.The most comfort on the road.I've had Harley's,Yamaha's,Kawasaki's,but none compared to wing.
I have always come back to Hondas from what ever bike I have had.. they are so reliable and nearly bullet proof like old Chevy V-8s.... and I really enjoy my 81.. and have almost become a 1% because of it.. ( plus other circumstances helping that along)..
Back to the topic... way to go.. making it yours slow and steady like.. I like that..

Latest posts