50 miles rom home and dogbone use blows, BUT!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
So yesterday took a ride out to a friend's house 50 miles to visit and pulled in to the driveway and just as I started to turn the key off everything went dead. So I looked and sure enough the dogbone fuse had blown. :help: bummer
But thanks to you guys talking about problems with it I had a blade type fuse holder with two eyelets crimped on it in the trunk and some 30 amp uses ready so it was just a matter of unscrewing the dogbone fuse (with my honda toolbag screwdriver) and putting the screws back in thru eyelets 3 minuites and I was ready for some coffee and a nice visit before riding back home. :good:
And I would like to suggest anyone who has not replaced their dogbone fuse with a blade type either get extras or at least get the blade type holder and crimp on a couple of eyelets on it just in case because there is no warning.
Thanks again for the heads up on the fuse.
Jerry

:clapping: Yep, it pays to be prepared, cause you never know when the gremlins are gonna attack. I carry spare clamps, fuses, bulbs, tie wraps, spark plug, fuel filter, fuel line, wire and connectors in mine at all times in an old traveling shaving kit bag. It has come in very handy more than once. Glad yours was an easy fix.

If I was Alex Trebeck I would give you an "F" (50 miles _rom home and dogbone _use blows,)

Glad you got it fixed so quickly

Bad "F" key lol you have to really hit it hard.
I noticed the one missing on the word fuse but did not notice the one on the word from. but I did not see it until after summiting the post then to late.
Jerry

:smilie_happy:
Joe's spelchek burned out years ago.... :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Here's my dogbone mod. It ain't purdy, but it werks.

jerryinmich57":277g867g said:
Bad "F" key lol you have to really hit it hard.
I noticed the one missing on the word fuse but did not notice the one on the word from. but I did not see it until after summiting the post then to late.
Jerry

:salute: YaIhaveasimilarproblem :salute: :smilie_happy:

Nice save!

Here's my version of the experience, like Aapple's. Went to Sturgis this year, for the first and last time. While there, I got to watch my starter solenoid turn into charcoal before my eyes! Not a good thing

Wanted to post the pic, but I've tried twice now to Browse my computer's pics and upload them, including creating a gallery and trying to upload from it and it's still not working. Is it me or your ISP?

Bobo":ccftyhze said:
Nice save!

Here's my version of the experience, like Aapple's. Went to Sturgis this year, for the first and last time. While there, I got to watch my starter solenoid turn into charcoal before my eyes! Not a good thing

Wanted to post the pic, but I've tried twice now to Browse my computer's pics and upload them, including creating a gallery and trying to upload from it and it's still not working. Is it me or your ISP?
It looks like you got this worked out since there are pics in your gallery.
Let me know if you need help.

It has gotten to the point where I have so much spare crap that I needed a Stow-N-Go tray to hold it all. Having spare parts can be the difference between a good ride or a bad head-ache.

Bobo said:
Nice save!

Here's my version of the experience, like Aapple's. Went to Sturgis this year, for the first and last time. While there, I got to watch my starter solenoid turn into charcoal before my eyes! Not a good thing, especially 700 miles from home and 30 miles from the nearest Honda dealer. :help:

So, we came up with "The Sturgis Solution" below. If I've actually pulled on my big boy pants now, this photo posting will work. What the photo shows is a 12V lawn tractor solenoid purchased at O'Reilly's Auto Parts in Sturgis. Between this and riding with a fractured windshield (sheer wind 30 mis. east of Rapid City on the way out) it was a pucker-filled ride home in heavy, variable-direction winds!

Latest posts