'80 GL1100 back to no spark.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maritimeboy

Reaction score
I have replaced cdi boxes with used off an 82, supposed to be good. I have new coils and new plugs. I had spark a few days ago but no fuel. I changed the filter and gas lines. I also pulled the top off the fuel filter and cleaned that up. I now have fuel pulsing out the 'out spout' of the pump.....but now I have no spark. I even tried putting the old cdi boxes back on, no luck. I am becoming very frustrated with this broken wing. The only thing I have not checked out yet is the pulse generator......don't know if I want to get that deep into this old thing so close to winter.
Any other input as to what I could check before going down that road?

Cheers

It's really unlikely that both pulse generators would crap out at the same time. Do you have battery voltage at the black/white wires, on the coils and the spark modules?

Something that caught my attention was your coils ohming out at 1.5..all the 80-81 models I have heard test at 2.5-3.0 ohms..check you have the kill switch to run and that there is voltage at the coils when key is on, red to pos. side neg. to neg. coil terminal....will be lower then 12 but not lower then 10V.