• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

82 GL1100I Radio

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montecman

Reaction score
OK I'm rplacing my radio. There's nothing wrong with it I just want a custom radio and a air compressor for my shocks are gonna go where this radio is at. So ? Trades acceptable.
:eek:k:

Copy of 20100107_00222.jpg

Just wanted to give you a heads up.
If you plan to put a modern radio in place of the old one there might not be enough depth, at least that's the problem I had. I ended up putting the radio on the top in place of the left fairing pocket.

I think it's a Clarion 2. If I'm not mistaken, so correct me if I'm wrong, the 82 I's normally came with the Clarion 1, appears his was upgraded at some point.

I am not sure what that is, but it is not a Clarion 2. I have a clarion 2 and it looks much different than that. The Clarion 2 does not have a digital readout on it.

Ok then,....I've been mis-informed. Wouldn't be the first time :head bang:

But it is a Clarion.(1.5)? :smilie_happy:

Here is an option....
https://www.jcwhitney.com/CLASSIC_SOUND_ ... 020988;0;0
it is a retro fit radio jcwhitney now carries several models... the knobs are not hard fixed to the radio but attaches by wires.. and coulb be adapted to fit in the bottom of the left side UNDER the pocket.. and the knobs and display mounted where the clarions were (probably need to make a plate to fit the location..) just MHO... YMMV

fastmover83":30vsyuk3 said:
I think there is a Vetter Cyclesound pod for the factory 1100 fairing on Ebay for $48.00, it's an easy way to go.

If that thing sales for that, then I just gave one away. Sold it for $20 plus shipping.

That is cool, but it wouldnt work for the more modern sterio system I'm putting in. Thanx for all the feedback, you guys are great. :clapping:

As much as I've messed with and worked on the 1100 radio systems, let me clarify this whole mess.
Yea, I know this thread has a little age on it.

What he's replacing is a Clarion 1 system. Right behind that head unit will be the actual radio turner under the left side pocket. It may have 1 or 2 5-pin din plugs coming off the tuner, 1 goes to the speaker amp and the 2nd one would be for the intercom system. Not all Clarion 1 tuners came with 2 din plugs.

The digital readout for the Clarion 2 systems are on a gauge pod mounted right under the windshield whereas the Clarion 1 readout is on the controller header as shown in the pic.

The Clarion 3 system appeared on the 84 1200 only, in 85 it went to the Panasonic system.

Latest posts