A blue angel!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moreorless

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw her at last year's show. Don't think I've seen any on the road though.
blue wing.jpg

I would love to see the folks that designed these newer bikes have to work on them.. :sensored: ,if you think a can of sardines are packed tight..open one up, they would all get fired, and that plastic..trying not to break it :rant: taking it off and putting it back on- :head bang: ...i'm sticking with my classics. I just feel sorry for the next generation of Goldwing mechanics that do what we do...well..i'll just be sitting back by then anyways or lying down.. :read: .

My buddy next just bought that same 2013 Wing in Blue! He has had 2 different 1800's. I liked his 2006 Titanium colored one the best. His 2013 has ABS brakes, built in GPS, every type of radio possible and airbags! He like it a lot.

Funny thing is, he made the comment a few weeks back about how cool it is that my 30 year old 1100 dances right along with his fancy new 1800 and doesn't miss a beat or a turn. He might have the torque and power to beat off the start hands down under every condition, but when we are on the highway at 80 MPH there isn't much difference!

There is a BIG difference at 80+, the new wings don't have the top end of the 1200's. The 1500's suffered the same fate as 120 was faster than you go, :Awe: walked by a valk 6 cylinder at 130 & still climbing. :good: The 1500 would top out at 150 or so if wasn't held back, & faster yet if it reved to 8000, RPM's. :yes:

i dont have the money to care one way or the other ... i like what i have ...paid for ...has been redevelop by me..... to the opposite of the new bikes..simply fast and one of a kind

I am sorry but I am finding 150mph on any Goldwing hard to believe :yes:
I have been to 130mph on the speedo of the CBR and I know how much that pushes me around and I am sure that the speedo is indicating faster than what I am actually travelling ( it does that at slower speeds). This is on a bike with 135hp (my 87 has a 92 engine) a dry weigh of 511 pounds and a rated top speed of 170mph ( with someone a lot smaller and lighter than me) :moped:

to me , the new Goldwings are kinda like the new Cars , no Chrome , no Class , no Style ... like comparing a 55 Chevy to a 2015 Chevy ... 60 years newer , but will Never have the , class , and style of a 55 . I maybe Old , but I know what I like . :smilie_happy:

The top end for 1200's is listed @ 151 mph on (MCS, Motorcycle Specifications) motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/Honda gl1200. Haven't been to 150 on my 1200 just yet, you run out of room very quickly @ 100+. Maybe this year??? :headscratch:

Good luck with your attempt :good: No wonder you run out of road less than 100 hp and 200 lbs heavier with more frontal area. This reminds me of the worlds fastest VW Kombi, less than 5 second quarter mile time. Many people witnessed it as the Kombi was dropped from a helicopter and completed a record quarter mile time :hihihi:

Really doubt I would ever try, was on my standard & wind was making it hard to hold on. The thrill there, was there still more left & climbing. Used to be more of a thrill seeker than now. Slowed reflexes

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141394#p141394:11zfzz7q said:
sledge » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:00 am[/url]":11zfzz7q]
to me , the new Goldwings are kinda like the new Cars , no Chrome , no Class , no Style ... like comparing a 55 Chevy to a 2015 Chevy ... 60 years newer , but will Never have the , class , and style of a 55 . I maybe Old , but I know what I like . :smilie_happy:
Especially if it is a new Korean Malibu!!

Latest posts