After 31 Years........

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2ppn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess I shouldn't complain... after 31 years of service my ORIGINAL dogbone fuse cracked and broke today...... I wondered why the bike was running a little "rough" when I pulled off the highway after a NICE ride today... And I couldn't understand why I was hearing electrical noise from my awesome sound system...

As soon as I shut her off in the driveway and went to turn the key back on to put her in the garage, I KNEW!!!

DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!!!! I pulled off the side cover and released the little tab on the dogbone fuse holder, and saw the crack... when I touched the fuse it kinda "crumbled" and broke...

Funny thing is that I still have TWO SPARES inside the housing!!!

So I made up a pair of #10 AWG wire jumpers with ring terminals on one end and female spade connectors on the other, and found a 30 Amp ATC fuse and did the modification... (kept wires short so fuse tucks up into the rubber boot that covers the fuse holder)

If the mod ever fails, I still have the TWO SPARE dogbone fuses to get me home...

All I can say was I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my cheeks!!! 31 years on my original dogbone fuse!!!!

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Rich

:Egyptian:
My original flew the coupe about three years ago. My "spares" were in just as bad shape, so I chunked them all, and did ed zachary as you did...couple of eyelet terminals, couple of female spade terminals, and a blade type fuse. :good:

Latest posts