Also Back

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIKERTUCKER

Reaction score
Sorry to read of the crash :sensored: . Thanks for the effort to get all back in shape. Took a 2100 mile trip on
my 1980 GL1100 last summer. And thanks to this site and members, it ran like a top the whole trip.
Tim

S.C.

Welcome back, Tim!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
2100 miles is a good little ride! Glad you enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

Profile should now be updated. Thanks for the welcome back. The trip was even more enjoyable because during the
test run before purchase it quit after just two miles and could not restart. Ran very poor when it did run. But if compression
is good and transmission works everything else is just time and money, right? Trip was from home in upstate South Carolina
to Oklahoma City to see Daughter and family. Route was I-26 N through the smoky moutains of North Carolina. Picked up
I-40 W in Tennesse, thru Arkansas and Oklahoma. First day logged 641 miles. What a feeling of satisfaction to take an old
bike near dead and travel 641 miles through moutains and open country, at speeds between 70 and 75 mph. and preformed
flawlessly. On way home temps were in triple digits. Rain the second day. It is a standard with the full compliment of Vetter aftermarket fairing and bags. It was also fun to pass new bikes and wave at large groups of other air cooled bikers afraid the high tems and interstate speeds would hurt their iron ponies. Also felt a gentle wave of satisfaction that I had
less money in my entire bike, than most of them had in just rims and chrome. To each their own, but going down the road
when I wanted, at the speed I wanted does the trick for me every time. Sorry, it is a flaw in my make up to stop and
take pic's. Part of the ride was to see how hard I could push a near thirty year old bike and note it's performance.
NOTE: It preformed as if it was 1980 all over again.

Take Care

Tim

I travel a lot on my wing and wouldnt think twice about going thousands of miles. the only issuse i have is tires,tires ,tires its like i can watch the tread disappear. if i could figure out how to fit a car tire i would. this is a great site glad its building back up welcome back joedrum.

Im sure it would be hard to fit and almost undoable. Im sure you would have to rerim a comstar rim with a 5inch rim to hold the tyre properly and swingarm mods would be drastic and if you ever got it all together it be a pain to take off and on. brake rod would have to be modified. The expense of reriming the wheel keeps me from trying idont think it would be wise to try and mount car tyre on stock rim. Its on the list of things i want to do . I think the handleing would be much better joedrum

BigAndrew":2wayl3dp said:
dan filipi":2wayl3dp said:
I'd like to see a darksided 1100.

Look no further... :mrgreen: :salute:

What tire do you have Andrew?

Do tell, curious minds wanna know.

I think bigandrew is joking. hey andrew do you go to bike week, im suppose to be playing music 3 or 4 times . i dont know the details yet when i do i will post. would like to meet you i plan on taking my bike joedrum.

yes i play, its like the job i could never could quit from no matter what. my family couldnt stand to be around me when i wasnt playing. spend a lot of time away from home but it works for us. I would have thought id quit by now but the opposit is true i guess im going to go down putting my licks in to the end. i live way out in the sticks nowhere near anything trying to live self sustaining as possible so i have the freedom to make it all work out. i hope i can ride my bike down for bike week ill be going rite through tenn down 65-24-75 do you live near that path. still arockin hippy from the 60s joedrum

Latest posts