alternative single carb mod (On the Cheap)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dependabilty, servicabilty, set it and forget it- single carb.

Add 3 more carbs-
Have to sync
3 more times likely something to go wrong
Harder to find parts

Sure better high end perfomance and maybe mpg but I believe if a single is set up properly it will perform very close to oem.

I am still liking a '86 Suburu EFI unit! Boxer engine..same as these! Gotta be a way to get the manifold to work.

Attachments

• sethconversion02700.jpg
    sethconversion02700.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 138
  • subaru-engines.jpg
    subaru-engines.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 138
dan filipi":2t9ferwk said:
Dependabilty, servicabilty, set it and forget it- single carb.

Add 3 more carbs-
Have to sync
3 more times likely something to go wrong
Harder to find parts

Sure better high end perfomance and maybe mpg but I believe if a single is set up properly it will perform very close to oem.
Yeahup It would be nice to try a single carb setup and see if you will really dig it or not.If not :nea: you could resell it and redo the oem ones :yes: .

mcgovern61":372w7p0m said:
I am still liking a '86 Suburu EFI unit! Boxer engine..same as these! Gotta be a way to get the manifold to work.
I am confused. Will the Subaru phlenm fir the 100's? If not why has it come into the picture?

fysty-1":1q3da0an said:
mcgovern61":1q3da0an said:
I am confused. Will the Subaru phlenm fir the 100's? If not why has it come into the picture?
Not likely,I guess Mcgov is thinking if it could be Modded.I would go for a gl1200 efi Mod for that case.I'll see if I can find something on that and post it :laptop: .

Latest posts