Alternator/stator change

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! I did not know that the stator was located on that place. Remove the engine is no easy task. From now on I will try to reduce the load on the stator so that I can extend the life of it. If at any time the stator dies, then I will consider installing an external alternator. That will give more amps and more easy replacement.

PS.

Welcome to our forum. Live long and prosper.

That is my main reason for changing as many lights to LED on the Rats Nest and Dads 82. I will also convert the H4 55/65 w headlights to 35w HID. The other mod that I want to do is a late model reg/rectifier that is Mofset so no charging is wasted.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82297#p82297:3o7ljkpx said:
Jungo » Sat May 25, 2013 5:20 pm[/url]":3o7ljkpx]Wow!!! I did not know that the stator was located on that place. Remove the engine is no easy task.

Jungo, taking the engine out is not hard, just time consuming. When my daughter was 16 years old (now 22), she pulled two 1100 engines with no difficulty!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82299#p82299:28g1h8rn said:
Ansimp » Sat May 25, 2013 6:29 pm[/url]":28g1h8rn]That is my main reason for changing as many lights to LED on the Rats Nest and Dads 82. I will also convert the H4 55/65 w headlights to 35w HID. The other mod that I want to do is a late model reg/rectifier that is Mofset so no charging is wasted.

I'm heading in that direction. :yes:

mcgovern61":28g1h8rn said:
Jungo, taking the engine out is not hard, just time consuming. When my daughter was 16 years old (now 22), she pulled two 1100 engines with no difficulty!

Got it. Probably I'm saying because I don't know about mechanic and because I don't have tools other than screwdrivers, a hammer and a metric ratchet set. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts