Any One a member of the GWRRA?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:read: I've met GWRRA members twice(groups of 5-6 both times) and they were assholes both times, very stuckup and just plain rude. They made Harley owners look friendly. I will never join that organization.

~O~

Maybe you look too much like an undesirable Omega! :smilie_happy:
I am sure that the Rats Nest like me wouldn't be able to join as we are both too scruffy...
Rod who helped us get Dads 82 from Linda ( also a member as per Dads 82) have been absolutely
Fantastic .
I don't know if I would be able to ride with them because I have a tendency to break to many rules and am also scruffy :smilie_happy:

I am a member but am not affiliated with any particular chapter.
As far as the chapters go,they all tend to have there own personality and it would not be right to judge them all by the others.

I mainly maintain my membership for the rescue plus roadside service as well as the gold book.Its a comfort to have as much as I travel,plus it covers all cars in my name (ie wife,kids...) I do not much care for the magazine or group rides.

Most GWRRA members I have met have been very friendly and if you are interested I would suggest trying a few differant chapters (If availble) to find one best fit to you.

Well I think the main factors were I rode an 1100 and I wasn't 390lbs overweight! :smilie_happy: I'm sure there are very very nice people in the org. but you know what they say about first impressions and they made two bad ones with me.

I just thought they would be like our community, all very nice and friendly. Apparently we attract the cream of the crop. :salute:

~O~

I am also a member, joined last year but never attended anything. The intentions are there but the timming isn't. I like the idea of the goldbook also, it's a little bit of piece of mind. On the other hand, I think that I would meet up with anybody from this site first if I had that option.
Roger

I've been a member for years as well but the local chapter here has turned into more of a social club than a riding group. The message board has a lot of good info and expertise and the rescue plus plan is good. I rode with the group in Phoenix a few times when I was down there. I don't mind riding in a group with 3-4 bikes but riding in a group of 10 at 75+ mph is a bit stressful. Don't let the average age fool you, these guys like to run, at least Chapter R in Phoenix anyway.

They are very much into safety from the information that has been passed through from my brother Kim. Any articles on Road Craft have got to be an advantage to your skill set if practically applied.

I belong to Chapter G here in Northern KY - Yes, they tend to be older (so are we), but my Chapter likes to ride and camp. I find them helpful, enthusiastic and generally a fun bunch to be around. You get out of something what you put into it. I'll continue to be a member of BOTH this forum AND GWRRA. :good:

They are very much into safety. The chapter in Phoenix has at least monthly PLP (parking lot practice) where they set up tight cones. It looks funny the first time you see a bunch of riders muscleing these elephants around tight cones but it's fun once you do it for a while and a good confidence builder.
The first time I took the 1100 to the PLP I thought I might get looked down on a little (almost all these guys ride 1800's) but to the contrary, it kind of drew a crowd and I even got a few "if you ever want to sell it, let me know" comments.
Almost all the guys I met there were decent guys that just loved to ride Goldwings

I was a member a few years ago.
Their an OK bunch but I felt out of place with my 1100. There were a few comments too.
Besides I don't like group riding when it's insisted to keep tight with the 1 second rule and "keeping our lane" by not allowing cars to get in.
I don't know if all GWRRA has those riding styles but this chapter sure did, and proud of it.
It's not for me.

I'm a member and there are some good things about the group. Depending on the chapter there are some folks with real big egos. With some it is about how much you spend on your ride, at least that seems to be some of the bragging rights. I just tell those folks that I spent five hundred dollars for mine and it will take me anywhere their 28k new wing will. It is like any group, your have some really good folks and some that you just want to avoid.

My wife and I were touring Tennessee about 8 years ago and ran into a group from the New England area. We were looking for directions to Deal's Gap. They were headed in that direction and had us follow them to where they were turning off and gave us a big wave as we went on to Deal's Gap. I think they were from New Jersey or New York area. They rode the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way from New England. They seemed to be friendly folks. That has been my only encounter with GWRRA

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84441#p84441:38bzoxyp said:
dan filipi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:53 am[/url]":38bzoxyp]I was a member a few years ago.
Their an OK bunch but I felt out of place with my 1100. There were a few comments too.
Besides I don't like group riding when it's insisted to keep tight with the 1 second rule and "keeping our lane" by not allowing cars to get in.
I don't know if all GWRRA has those riding styles but this chapter sure did, and proud of it.
It's not for me.

On one of the other forums a guy was talking about mounting a camera backwards pretty sure he is GWRRA .. until someone asked why he would do that and his response was to video the guys so he can point out what they are doing wrong .... that is the way I picture GWRRA I told the clown if anyone did that to me I would slap his yap .... (that ended that thread)

I'm not only a member, I'm an officer in the GWRRA. I am the Chapter Educator for Chapter P in Granbury, Region H, Texas District. I still ride all my bikes, the 1000, the 1100 and the 1200 to the meetings and out on group rides. Well, not all at once. I have never found anybody act like I didn't belong. It's been actually just the opposite. There are three chapters in my area and I do attend Chapter M meetings also. Chapter P and M and pretty close knit chapters. We like to invade each others meetings and have fun.

Latest posts