ArmorAll?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if it's safe on old ABS but damn! it looks sweet. Look at how dry looking the inside of my dash is in that first pic. I had to do my saddle bags anyway so I tried it...stereo, speaker boxes, vinyl pocket cover, and the ABS all look black again without residue. Even part of the inside fairing painted with flat black paint blends in now.

I recommend it if your fairing looks gray and dry. :yes:

Before dry/gray

After w/o flash

After w/flash

The results are much more dramatic than these pics show.

~O~

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I did mine a few weeks ago, and it made a HUGE difference in how the inside area of the fairing looks! I'm not big on Armor All, but I do use it occasionally. Pledge will do the same thing, without harming the plastics...at least I hope not! :blush:

jdegase":2lcc0r28 said:
mother makes a product called, back to black that works simular but lasts much longer... walmart carries it.. good stuff..
looks great.

Yeah we use that stuff on our vintage snowmobiles (Arctic Cats of cousre) and as you said it works really well :clapping: :clapping:

Winger 82":3m7kzmuh said:
And people call me the Duct Tape King

After w/flash

Hmmmm that did not work

I know :Awe: The San Andreas Fault runs along the edge of that panel, and I'd just rather not see whats happening under there :nea: The desert heat made the tape crinkle like that.

~O~

Another great solution on black, texture ABS; good ol' black boot polish! Get a tub of Kiwi boot wax and a soft bristle brush and go to town. No chemicals involved and lasts a nice long time.

When I still had a fairing, I used the stuff you spray on tires to make them look wet. There are a bunch of different products but this was an aerosol foam that you did not have to wipe off. It worked great.

Andyb":23zn0t0r said:
When I still had a fairing, I used the stuff you spray on tires to make them look wet. There are a bunch of different products but this was an aerosol foam that you did not have to wipe off. It worked great.

Becareful about what you put on the side walls of your tires it can make them SLIPPERY, have heard that armoral is not a good idea on the tires (have you ever put this stuff on your steering wheel ??????????? it's some slippery stuff for sure) Had put it on the seat of my snowmobile and boy was that a mistake, the cheeks of your arrsss just can't squeeze tight enough to grip the seat.
just my $.02
Winger 82 :hi:

I know this is kinda off topic but not lol......if you want to make your seats look amazing and soften them up really nice I use a saddle soap that is already pre-mixed in a little pump aresol bottle and work it in the the leather and vinyls protects and softens those hard assed honda seats lol......been doing it for years on my old shadow and people wouldnt beleive that it was a stock seat very soft and comfy!!

Bubbahyde":nbulbimw said:
I know this is kinda off topic but not lol......if you want to make your seats look amazing and soften them up really nice I use a saddle soap that is already pre-mixed in a little pump aresol bottle and work it in the the leather and vinyls protects and softens those hard assed honda seats lol......been doing it for years on my old shadow and people wouldnt beleive that it was a stock seat very soft and comfy!!
Good advice! Where do you get pre-mixed saddle soap?

mcgovern61":16kv0do1 said:
Bubbahyde":16kv0do1 said:
Good advice! Where do you get pre-mixed saddle soap?

Any good saddlery or tack shop will have it but get the premixed liquid stuff lol trust me you dont want the solid or paste.....way way too much buffing. just find a local horse farm and ask about a local tack shop if you cant find it!

on faded black plastic I use Selleys RP7 or any cheap silicone spray, lasts longer the 2nd time you do it. Hasn't hurt the 28 year old honda or the 3 year old Harley or me mates 24 year old Yamaha.
On seats I use Harley Gloss cleaner and UV protectant, not slippery but it makes them water resistant and they look great. :cool:

Winger 82":3ar8rtpo said:
Andyb":3ar8rtpo said:

Becareful about what you put on the side walls of your tires it can make them SLIPPERY, have heard that armoral is not a good idea on the tires (have you ever put this stuff on your steering wheel ??????????? it's some slippery stuff for sure) Had put it on the seat of my snowmobile and boy was that a mistake, the cheeks of your arrsss just can't squeeze tight enough to grip the seat.
just my $.02
Winger 82 :hi:

I never noticed this before. (Seem to have done that a lot lately). I did not use it on my motorcycle tires. I have it around for my wife's car. When I am in the doghouse, I wash her car. She just loves shiny tires.

Once, I put armor all on my saddle. About 11 years ago on my old Shadow. It took forever to get the saddle back to normal.

Latest posts