Back On A GoldWing 😍😍

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLCanuck

Reaction score
Well I was finally able to find myself another 1200 GoldWing. Sold my last one thinking I was doing the right thing since my wife could no longer throw her leg over it. What a friggen mistake on my part. Anyhow enough of my wining.

Is the Pooboy kit still available in kit form?
If not if does anyone have one they are willing to sell?
Thank you 🙏

Boy it has been ahwile, welcome back to Wingdom
I heard of the poorboy but think it is gone, folks have tried to make their own pulleys but isnt really cost effective considering the need and cost of machining..

Welcome home. If you have a small lathe, the pulley should be easy to spin out. The rest is just mount, wire, and the little alternator from the auto parts store. Cutting the hole in the belt covers can be hacked out several ways. As long as your present system is functioning, replacing the three yellow wire connector with something more reliable and adding a digital voltmeter has rescued several GL1000s for me. The DVM prompted me to replace the regulator on one with a combo reg/rect as the voltage was going as high as 18 on the system.

Latest posts