blueing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock42

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it maybe on here already but i just bought a 82 interstate about a month ago and i noticed that both mufflers are blueing (exhaust pipes a little) my question is this is there a reason for this is it harmful and if it is what do i need to do. thanks :beg:

Aftermarket pipes are often single wall and show blueing. Stock setup had double wall to keep it from showing. The only way to know if you're safe or not is to get a gas reading. Some places have an O2 sensor to stick in the end and give you a hint. I can't vouch for their accuracy.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172030#p172030:3hcw59n5 said:
ekvh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:59 am[/url]":3hcw59n5]
Aftermarket pipes are often single wall and show blueing. Stock setup had double wall to keep it from showing. The only way to know if you're safe or not is to get a gas reading. Some places have an O2 sensor to stick in the end and give you a hint. I can't vouch for their accuracy.
For sure,Although... I have seen stock GL1100 mufflers that are blue, must be single walled on the muff part.

Like them, as they last almost forever, & work great. :smilie_happy: Or hate them cause they are big, not real sleek looking, & weigh a ton. :rant: They work, & do not usually turn blue, no stock ones i ever seen did :nea: