Brake Issues

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes sense but then again the fronts have so much more stopping power than the rears.
The proportioning is usually more pressure to the front, something like 60% front 40% rear.

dan filipi":14piqv0t said:
It makes sense but then again the fronts have so much more stopping power than the rears.
The proportioning is usually more pressure to the front, something like 60% front 40% rear.

Thanks, Dan...That was going to be my next question. LOL
And the one after that was going to be why I might hear a faint scraping sound (from the front) if I ease up slightly on the pedal...Is that just a pad dragging?

Since they're dual piston the scraping could be one piston coming back alittle sooner than the other.
The best indicator I know that both pistons are working evenly enough is if the pads are wearing flat. If not then one of them is sticking.

There are a few tricks to be sure you get all of the air out of your system. First, take notice that the bleeder screw is lower than the top of the caliper.....air trap! Two things to do.....first, take the caliper off and using a c-clamp, push the pistons all the way back into the caliper and keep them in with the clamp. Next, put the caliper back on the lower bolt and tilt it up so that the bleeder screw is straight up. Now bleed the brakes! Might be surprised how much air pops out on the first shot!

When you are satisfied that the air is out (and before you pull the clamp off) top off the reservoir. Bolt everything back up and push the pedal all the way down REAL SLOW. After 3 pumps, add more brake fluid! Now pump until the pads make solid contact.

Latest posts