Brake lever ideas?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapnDenny1

Reaction score
I am having a problem with reaching the rear brake pedal with my right foot. I have a bit of arthritus in my hips. As a result I have a hard time getting my right foot to find the rear brake pedal. Is it normal to have to lift your foot off the peg to be able to reach the pedal? The pedal is hittin gthe chrome cover plate at the top of it's travel, so I'm wondering if perhaps the pedal is not adjusted properly? I've never had a bike with rear hydraulic brakes so I'm not sure if you can adjust the starting point. If I could just lower the pedal by about 1 inch or 1.5 inches, I could just put my toes over it without having to lift my whole leg up. I manage to do it, but it's not easy if I need to find the brake in a hurry I can't. That's not a good time to be pulling your feet off the pegs either. So can I adjust this, or would that leave me with too little throw in the master cylinder? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Dennis

Yes, you can adjust it. Take a look at the bolt where the pedal attaches to the master cylinder. You should be able to adjust it down some by changing the position of the locknuts on it. It is a bit of a fidgety process, but not too bad.

I have done this on most of my bikes but I did not have to do it on the Goldwing. I don't think you would run out of pedal travel.