Brake lights on the sides of cars? Think about it.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
While out riding last weekend I had a thought.
As we were riding a lot of cars seemed to be testing their brakes and mine by coming up the stop signs as fast as possible before making their stops forcing me the let off the throttle and getting ready to apply Stella's brakes. :sensored:
My thought is that if there were brake lights on the side rear of cars (I know most taillights are designed to be seen from the side as they wrap around the side but in the daytime they hard to see) you could see if they were apply their brakes of if they were stopped you could see if they were letting off their brakes to pull out in front of you.
I know it's silly but I still think would help safety. Well thanks for listening. :thanks:
Jerry

I don't believe the lights. Too many ride the brakes yet don't stop. I don't believe in turn signals until the car is half turned either.

I like the idea of anything that gives you more warning, I just like to see their front suspension compressing which hopefully means they maybe stopping.

Sounds like just more lights that will not be working when you really need them. Prolly 75% of the brake lights on cars now don't work, or only one side works. Truth is, no matter what kind of warning, or safety items a car may have, chances are the driver ain't payin attention anyway. Unfortunately, it's up to US to be safe for them....
Had a jerk this mornin that crossed over into my lane(from right to left), across a RIGHT only turn lane, no less, and came within 2 inches of flat runnin right over the top of me from the right side. Did it on purpose, because he was in the wrong lane to get up on the freeway, and he decided he wanted to get there before I did. I was in the proper entrance lane, and he gives ME the finger for blastin him with the air horn. :rant:

[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=83136#p83136:bppwiy7o said:
AApple » Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 am[/url]":bppwiy7o]Sounds like just more lights that will not be working when you really need them. Prolly 75% of the brake lights on cars now don't work, or only one side works. Truth is, no matter what kind of warning, or safety items a car may have, chances are the driver ain't payin attention anyway. Unfortunately, it's up to US to be safe for them....
Had a jerk this mornin that crossed over into my lane(from right to left), across a RIGHT only turn lane, no less, and came within 2 inches of flat runnin right over the top of me from the right side. Did it on purpose, because he was in the wrong lane to get up on the freeway, and he decided he wanted to get there before I did. I was in the proper entrance lane, and he gives ME the finger for blastin him with the air horn. :rant:
Gotta love drivers in the Dallas area! They are even worse around here. Night before last I had a guy, going about 40, hit his brakes, turn signal and bang a right turn all in one motion! :swoon: fortunately I was in my 4 wheel Honda and not on the 2 wheel one. :rant:

Oh gees, I had a guy pulling out of a gas station near the corner.
He's stopped, I'm coming up to the intersection and driveway, maybe 30 mph. He looks right at me, I was close enough to see the color of his eyes, then pulls out in front of me and across 2 lanes and the left turn lane!
People are crazy man, especially when in a hurry.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83141#p83141:8a8gz24z said:
dan filipi » Fri May 31, 2013 10:26 am[/url]":8a8gz24z]He looks right at me,

THAT was your fair warning....if they are looking directly at you, you can bet yer booty they will drive right at you. :sensored:

I work with a guy who drives. You can roll your bike up two feet behind him and blast your horns. He won't notice. I ride like no one sees, no one hears, no one cares. Even these tiny budget cars can cause death to riders. Ride like everyone is out to kill you.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83161#p83161:1mkmnwnw said:
slabghost » Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm[/url]":1mkmnwnw]Ride like everyone is out to kill you.

Because they ARE....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=83161#p83161:2cjhfi88 said:
slabghost » Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm[/url]":2cjhfi88]I work with a guy who drives. You can roll your bike up two feet behind him and blast your horns. He won't notice. I ride like no one sees, no one hears, no one cares. Even these tiny budget cars can cause death to riders. Ride like everyone is out to kill you.

Horn broken watch for finger :hihihi:

Latest posts