• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buy or Want to buy Round Grommets for Side covers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Ruiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy 2 new ones of these. They are $2.91 each at cheapcycle parts.

but the shipping is $10.

I can buy 20 of them and get them shipped for 10 bucks!

That kinda chaps my hide, but what can you do.

I was thinking either I could look/ask for one here. I only need one so this is the first option. Or I could see if anybody wants /needs some new ones and get a bunch and pass the shipping savings along - which ever

Shipping to you would be simple postage in an envelop I reckon....then again homeland security being what it is, feds might frown on that?

Anybody?

Those grommets are very similar to grommets you'd put in a hole after drilling the hole in metal to protect wires passing through it.
I don't know if they are the same but might be worth checking an auto parts or hardware store for them.

You can buy a pack of them at your local honda shop. Just ask for the 1500 - 1800 grommets comes in a pack of about 8 I think. Aftermarket big bike parts i think. Around 6.00. All side covers use the same. Just replaced mine, will be a couple in there you don't need

rickyd":1iuktpuw said:
You can buy a pack of them at your local honda shop. Just ask for the 1500 - 1800 grommets comes in a pack of about 8 I think. Aftermarket big bike parts i think. Around 6.00. All side covers use the same. Just replaced mine, will be a couple in there you don't need

I learned something new, thanks Rick!

Found my pack they are Show Chrome Ultragard grommet set Mfg pn 52-691, actually for a gl1800 01-10 GL 1500 Valkyrie, and VTX's

Pony Ruiz":1gkf8kqm said:
there are round ones in there? I have some of the elongated ones....

thanks I will look into that.

They start out round but the shape of the hole makes them elongated.

dan filipi":37sb7tvv said:
Pony Ruiz":37sb7tvv said:
there are round ones in there? I have some of the elongated ones....

thanks I will look into that.

They start out round but the shape of the hole makes them elongated.

I was able to buy the correct elongated ones from the dealer (about 2 bucs each)

The pack I bought had round and elongated in it plus 2 straight ones you won't need.

I didn't get to the post office last weekend, but I will make sure I get them out this weekend. Sorry for the delay

Latest posts