mcgovern61 » May 13th, 2019, 9:46 am[/url]":zghzxkcs]
What you have is a nice condition 1982 Standard with the following:
1. An aftermarket Windjammer fairing (the original turn signal ears will be found cutoff to install the fairing)
2. Aftermarket chrome valve covers, timing covers, fuel pump cover, instrument gauge cover, exhaust extension tips.
3. Aftermarket sissy bar/storage rack with changed rear turn signal extenders
4. Aftermarket grips
5. Aftermarket engine guard
6. Aftermarket front fender guard with lights added
7. Aftermarket fork brace (definitely keep!)
All said and done, many of these items were available from the dealer and could very well have been dealer installed back in the day. Nothing wrong with any of these item except as you may have already found with the chrome peeling on the valve covers (common). The original valve covers and timing belt covers would have been clear-coated aluminum.
I'm finding more and more stuff that makes me think it's aftermarket. Removed the handlebars completely today (the clamp says Goldwing) and found the PSI sticker for the front forks. I doubt Honda would cover up the front suspension information, so I think that's aftermarket. Ditto the front brake master cylinder brake reservoir cover - it is chromed. Used models seem to have a black cover.
I'm wondering if a dealer converted old stock around 1983ish in order to sell it.