CB900F winter project complete!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well almost,I seem to keep having float trouble.But everytime I get one to stop overflowing,another overflows.I keep chasing it from carb to carb.They have been completly rebuilt with new kits,and I do not think they are leaking becuase when I get one to stop by removing the bowl and fidling with it,it stops and is fine.But now another carb.Any ideas?

With that aside,this thing rocks.Super powerful,sounds awsome and handles great.

Here is a before and after.

Attachments

• CB900F 003.JPG
    CB900F 003.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 195
  • CB900F 008.JPG
    CB900F 008.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 186
Try setting all the floats with clear tubes up the side. On the centerstand and level they should all match and be about 5cm below the top edge of the bowls. I don't know the exact level for those particular carbs but that should be close.

Tory here are a couple of photos of my mates Bol o dor .Cb900 with a Yoshimura 1000 kit that he has owned for 15 years and only recently fully restored

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 173
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 174
Very nice Bol D

SLAB, Do I put the clear tubes on the drains,bend them upwards, and open the screws?

FYI These carbs are similer to the 1100s

for float level ...im thinking yes ive never done that but ounds like it would work if tubes fit drain good....also sounds like a job for little hands ...im not sure i could do it with the carbs in place

Well,today I puled the bowls off and cleaned them and the bottem of the carbs out.Remember these are fresh rebuilds and new gas,yet I had tiny beads of slim all over inside them.I believe that is an issue from ethenal.I put it back together with the floats working correctly,treated the fuel with an ethenal guard and filled it with frresh gas.
Road 20 miles today with no issue.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest posts